The Ford Mustang Bullitt has returned

Soldato
``Thanks to a performance exhaust, an Open Air Induction System, Shelby GT350 intake manifold and a retuned ECU, the Mustang Bullitt has had a 15-hp increase over the standard car to 475 horses(Credit: C.C. Weiss/New Atlas)``
so it looks like that is its final HP figure....price will be somewhere between the GT and the Shelby GT350 which is about 526 hp or close to.

the GT500 will cost an absolute fortune and not be available in RHD, the GT350 wont be RHD either............so these are no good for Gibbo.

the Yanks maybe think that there's no market for these cars in Europe, this to me makes no sense, because people here still buy Ferraris and every other fast car that exists on planet Earth..........there must be another reason, maybe it's Emissions

Last edited:
Soldato
Awwwww... such a shame... it’s the fpc 5.2l I want :(

i just had a quick look at Ford crate engines, it's only really Roush and Shelby that sells full engines at about 650hp (very damned expensive), all the rest stop at about 500hp max .........if you're after value for money then you'll need something like a Whipple blower and forged internals, because this set up is actually cheaper than a Shelby big block at 650hp...and a hell of a lot more powerful too

Shelby dont sell the Coyote GT350 fpc Crate, well i didn't see it anyway.
https://www.shelbyengines.com/

Gibbo is your man here, he knows all about this.

Last edited:
Soldato
thanks, so it's $18.5k for 580 hp, on top of that you'll have VAT, import duty and carriage

``I think that 10 psi out of a pd blower for agressive driving is asking for trouble. I much rather see 10psi out of a centri or a turbo because of the cooler iat. If you add meth to a pd then it would be just as safe as the other options but you are still pushing it. And you will always have to uave catastrophic failure oj your mind. Stay under 550 whp if you want some peace of mind.``

from the forum basically they're all saying if you fit a $7k Whipple blower/ or any blower to a standard Coyote engine, you'll need to stay under 10psi, 550hp and take it easy too :eek:............ above this you'll need forged internals, so it's basically what i thought.

i dont know the price yet for forged pistons, rods....bearings/intercooler etc, but my guess is it'll end up less than 18.5k.

well there you go, very expensive indeed, but it's worth posting up for curiosity i suppose :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
yes but the Burgundy red is also very similar, it's tamed down and subtle, the Bullitt is probably the one to go for but it depends on its price...................... you cant change the wheels or add a black roof etc in the configurator without loosing the performance pack and Magneride, i find this so annoying, chevrolet does the same too.

xOLjfBf.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
There is no UK configurator yet though, the US car has entirely different options to the UK car.

Also all UK cars come with performance pack as standard, so you cannot opt out, or loose it, by optioning other things.

Magneride is a yes or no option on UK cars it is not reliant on other options.

Black roof is however only available as an option on certain body colours.

Soldato
yea i got that from the States

that burgundy one looks nice, but those wheels will need powder coating another shade...............matt dark bronze will look good
i suppose we'll have to wait for ages now

OcUK Staff
Having now seen the 18 in the flesh it looks nothing short of fantastic and with a 15 Parker next to it both cars stock the 18 looked better from every angle.

The steering wheel in the 18 is also a big improvement they have changed the leather and it feels more like a soft leather like you find in a BMW M wheel so feels better.

The additional leather on knee bolsters and centre console is nice too. Now the only real cheap plastic on the cabin is the window control surrounds.

The digital dash is simply gorgeous it is crystal clear even in sunlight and all modes super clear and track mode is fantastic, has to be one of the best and most user friendly dash I’ve seen.

Just handed the Camaro back, what a motor it has even in 8th gear from 1000rpm it pulls very well, it launches superbly even in 2nd gear. If GM could improve interior and improve visibility it would be a superb car.

Had a fantastic 1200 miles in the car on some epic roads.

Soldato
good, yes the mustang looks great to me, i now see why you got so excited about it.
improving its visibility would mean larger side windows, which would mean a taller/leaner roof changing the whole look of the car. it's damned hard to modify the roof shape without it effecting the whole character of the car as i found out today.....you end up having to redesign everything..... LOL

OcUK Staff
good, yes the mustang looks great to me, i now see why you got so excited about it.
improving its visibility would mean larger side windows, which would mean a taller/leaner roof changing the whole look of the car. it's damned hard to modify the roof shape without it effecting the whole character of the car as i found out today.....you end up having to redesign everything..... LOL

Or buy a Corvette, same motor, less weight so no wonder those are so quick, even better still if they still do 7.0l

Gonna hire a Stingray on my next US trip :)

OcUK Staff
how about a challenger Demon, hire one of those or at least test drive one :eek:

Totally pointless road car and not something you can hire anyway.

Demon is not a road car!
Widebody Hellcat would be the one but the handling on that stuff can’t rival a Mustang let alone GM stuff.

Soldato
Gibbo, have you watched the latest Head2Head on MTOD? Mustang GT PP1 vs Camaro SS 1LE? I wont spoil the result for you, but it's worth a watch.

Also the 2018 Camaro has the new A10 you love so much :)

OcUK Staff
Gibbo, have you watched the latest Head2Head on MTOD? Mustang GT PP1 vs Camaro SS 1LE? I wont spoil the result for you, but it's worth a watch.

Also the 2018 Camaro has the new A10 you love so much :)

So GM sticking it all Camaros now?
I know ZL1 had it!

Will A10 be put in Vettes next you think?

Gonna watch video now if internet is good enough here.

Back
Top Bottom