PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS

Associate
But the xbox S isn't meant to play HDR games natively , its only meant to up scale

HDR isn't something that's "upscaled".

If you TV is HDR then it'll display HDR ready games in HDR. Its that simple. If your TV isn't HDR ready then it'll not show HDR ready games even if you are using an S which is capable of HDR.

The S only outputs 4K when watching 4K DVDs. The S does not upscale games to 4K.

Associate
HDR isn't something that's "upscaled".

If you TV is HDR then it'll display HDR ready games in HDR. Its that simple. If your TV isn't HDR ready then it'll not show HDR ready games even if you are using an S which is capable of HDR.

The S only outputs 4K when watching 4K DVDs. The S does not upscale games to 4K.

Thanks for the reply , so whats the point of the Xbox X if my xbox S does HDR games :)

Associate
The X does 4K and HDR in both games and movies. The S does HD and HDR in games and 4K and HDR in movies.

The X is better because it does both higher resolution and HDR. Its that simple. 4K on its own is better than HD (1080P) however 4K and HDR is much much better.

Anyhoo. This aint the thread for this.

Soldato
Update has smoothed the frame rate out considerably, although still far from a perfect experience. But very much better.

@Daytrader , the teaming would be horrific if they implemented this! Squads of 8 people running around....!
I don't mean to team up, just to see who lasts the longest, would be great, teaming up would defeat what i am asking for, you just join squad only server for that.

Associate
I played it last night on my X after the latest update and had my first crash on the game back to the dash, I also noticed that on the game selection screen at the beginning my fan was a lot more vocal especially after it loaded for the first time, seemed normal during the game though.

Associate
Didn't realise there was a thread here too.

[Copied from my post in the PC gaming PUBG thread]
Had a go of this on a friend's Xbox last night. It's properly additive.
Only managed one game, spent most of it hiding on a boat miles away from everyone. Then the circle moved in so there wasn't water but was very close to where I was so literally ended up hiding on a beach in a Jeep that I found after looting a couple of houses on the complete opposite side of the map to anyone else.
Then when there was only about 20 people left it narrowed to a smaller space so I just kept driving round in my jeep. Got down to 12 left then I got killed by someone while in my jeep. 12/97 wasn't bad for my first time though.
Very tempted to buy this and renew my XBL. It's ace!

Soldato
Omg, just stumbled upon Rules of Survival on iPhone... it’s so much better than PUGB (obviously excluding the controls of an iPhone game)! How is PUBG so poor technically compared to an iPhone game?!

Back
Top Bottom