• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASUS STRIX 1080ti OC Edition Temps

Associate
Hello,

So I finally upgraded from an ASUS STRIX 980ti to a ASUS STRIX 1080ti OC (I haven't overclocked the GPU and won't be).

In the same time I upgraded my case to a Corsair Carbide 240 Air, from SilverStone Temjin TJ08-E. I changed the case because it fitted better in my cabinet, and also it looks a lot better.

The new case comes with 2 front fans (120mm), 1 top fan (120mm), in addition I added 1 to the rear (80mm) and 1 to the side (120mm).

I had to also change my CPU Cooler as the last one I had was too high and the case didn't shut. So I now have the Noctua NH-D9L. I have the i56600K (I don't plan to overclock).

The GPU temperature idles around 37-41 degrees, which is normal when I look online. Under load, in games like Ghost Recon Wildlands, The Witcher 3, GTA 5 (4K/Ultra) I average 75-77 degrees with a max of 78 degrees (the GPU fans speed reaches a maximum of 57-60% at this point). Are these temperatures safe? I know I have a small case but wanted to be sure if my temperatures were good?

I am not using any special fan-curve, just auto. When I change the resolution on these games to 1440p, my temperatures drop to an average of 67-72 degrees.

Looking online the benchmarks suggest 69-73 degrees to be the average for this card, but of course I do not know which case they use, or if any.

Also, my CPU temps hover around 50-65 degrees under load on the games listed above in 4K.

Thanks!!

Associate
OP
Thanks a lot. Yeah, I thought they were fine. In regards to the fan curve, the max my fan hits at auto is 60% when round 77 degrees.

I might raise that to 70%. So it will be 40%/40 degrees, 50%/50, 60%/60, 70%/70 and hit 100% when it reaches 80 degrees (which it never has).

Back
Top Bottom