Gloomhaven

Associate
Anyone else playing gloomhaven?.

This is my groups first attempt at a rpg campaign.

We are finding it very fun, with 3 of us playing as spellweaver, scoundrel and the ratman (forgot his class name) as well as our DM.

We have done about 10 scenarios so far. We tried to play the "Good" side of the mini missions inbetween missions and soon realised we always ended up worse off so have strayed to being aggressive/cunning.

We haven't unlocked any locked characters yet.

Associate
It's very good, although I've not played anywhere as near as much as I want to (had it since 1st print). It's something else in terms of content and mechanics, which shows with it's new #1 position on BGG.

It doesn't need a GM, but does have a lot of mechanics. Although I think once you've got the rules / set-up learned, the 4th player will want a character - which the game allows!

Associate
OP
Played last night. Jumped into an elemental portal. Fire elementals buffed the room full of sun and fire. We made sure to use frost and darkness to nerf them. ^^

Associate
Anyone else playing gloomhaven?.

This is my groups first attempt at a rpg campaign.

We are finding it very fun, with 3 of us playing as spellweaver, scoundrel and the ratman (forgot his class name) as well as our DM.

We have done about 10 scenarios so far. We tried to play the "Good" side of the mini missions inbetween missions and soon realised we always ended up worse off so have strayed to being aggressive/cunning.

We haven't unlocked any locked characters yet.
Just curious but what does your DM do ? the enemies follow a strict set of rules for movement and attacking so I cant imagine he has much fun if playing this way.

Associate
OP
He enjoys setting the rooms and monsters up, reading the lore and doing the monsters movements. We have asked if he wants a hero to play but he's quite happy doing the monsters.

Associate
OP
Finally unlocked out first hero yesterday.
it was the vermlin beast master.

Haven't had a chance to play new hero yet but looks awesome!.

Associate
Around £139. Thats what sheffields Patriot games store had it for sale at. anyone else is just scalping. If i remember properly the original kickstarter was around £100 plus shipping

Associate
I've been waiting for cephalofair games to do a printing for a while (which they have said is in the works) as I'm pretty interested in getting hold of it...just not for the £200+ that it is available for now!

Soldato
Currently up to our 9th or so scenario in my group. Managed to pick up a copy for £180 about 6 months ago before the price went up even more....

Looking forward to the expansion coming out in Q4 too, although at the rate of 1 scenario a week we already have a number of years worth of gameplay.... It is well worth the money.

Still learning things as we go, discovering new rules or rules we previously didn't get quite right.

It looks daunting to start with, but after a few scenarios it becomes pretty easy to follow.

I love it - Love the freedom and the stories and makes a change from stuff we usually play which involves intense rivalries.

One tip for anyone getting it.... You really want to think about getting a game organiser, and do not skimp on it either. You will be thankful for having one. You will also want the removable sticker set if you want to keep your game in tact for future use rather than using the stock stickers.

Back
Top Bottom