My 1st ever build. Help

Associate
Hi guys,
I didn’t ever think I would be trying to build my own pc but Today I purchased a Ghost S1 case because the minute I saw it I knew I had to have it. Anyway just after I got the order confirmation it dawned on me that I ain’t got a clue how to build a pc . I want to build the most powerful air cooled pc that I possibly can. I also just bought a noctua NH-L12 air cooling system to go in it. I was thinking of fitting a i7-8700k with a Asrock fatal1ty z370 itx motherboard. I just wanted advice as to if there is a better chipset and motherboard that will fit my noctua fan. I don’t really want to spend more then £2000 on the system and I don’t really want the best graphics card as the only game I ever play is football manager. So if you can also recommend a cheap graphics card that will do the trick I would be grateful. Thank you guys

Soldato
@Saqib99

Welcome . It's a stunning case but you'll be either looking at getting a top hat and 240mm AIO or.... 8700 non K version which will do just fine as boosts to 4.3hhz on all cores - has lower 65w TDP that the cooler you've listed Syed can handle .
Intel state TDP at light load unlike AMD who state full load. 8700 is around 80w TDP at load and 8700k 95w hits 130w when overclocked

Man of Honour
for a first timer, that case is going to be a 'mare to build in. i suggest you enlist some manual help from a friend who has built computers before.

I don’t really want the best graphics card
only game I ever play is football manager
don't think you need to spend that much lol. a mid-range cpu with integrated graphics is good enough.
tbh. i'd say wait and see how good the amd am4 apus are before splashing your cash.

Associate
for a first timer, that case is going to be a 'mare to build in. i suggest you enlist some manual help from a friend who has built computers before.

don't think you need to spend that much lol. a mid-range cpu with integrated graphics is good enough.
tbh. i'd say wait and see how good the amd am4 apus are before splashing your cash

I concur.
Honestly it sounds like the OP wants a fast machine "just cuz" which is fine but there are limits to what is a sane amount of money to spend on a PC for youtube/netflix/facebook/email/extremely casual gaming.

Some people are such casual users that they wouldn't notice a difference between a dual core pentium and a 16 core threadripper, or the integrated graphics on a coffee lake CPU vs a GTX 1080Ti. I think we can agree that everyone will benefit from fast storage but again there are limits to the sanity there. A casual use PC won't benefit an awful lot from a cutting edge eye-bleedingly fast M.2 drive vs an affordable SATA drive.

I have high end "mainstream" parts circa 2014/2016 (4790K, fast-ish DDR3, GTX 1080) but I "need" them for my AAA gaming addiction.

Back
Top Bottom