• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Con Lake Con firmed [Warning: AdoredTV]

Soldato
Balanced =/= objective.

Well of course they don't mean the same thing hence why it's not grammatically wrong to use both words in the same sentence next to one another like I did. Beyond that I'm not sure what your point is?

I'm curious. Please point us to a youtuber that has 0 personnal bias and is completely objective, so we can see what stick you are using to measure AdoredTV with.

Its a fallacious argument.... It's the equivalent of the Biblical parable where only the totally blameless person is in a position where they can possibly make any judgement of any other persons action regardless of how egregious the others behavior was and how minor any of their past transgressions were.

No I can't point to a 'perfect' person/ youtuber because as you full well know no such person exists.

Much like the rest of human life the lack of a real 100‰ moral exemplar for a benchmark/ standard does not and should not stop judegements being made.

Its the degree to which I say Adored lacks objectively combined with his defenders who point to things like some of his videos being fairly technically minded in parts therefore believing that this justifies his views which I suggest are often just hyperbole and misrepresentations made from his subjective rather biased assessments that I object to.

Last edited:
Soldato
Jesus let it go already @Caracus2k we all get it, you dont like the dude, just move on already now, your starting to make this section like the GPU section lol...

So much wasted energy over something you care little about.. very odd.

Soldato
What Memory Dimms are you running Sid?

Ripjaws V's they are 3400mhz C16 i only paid £140 for them a good while back, got them running at 3200mhz via the Asus CH6 auto profile, i have the settings via that Ryzen mem calc to take them higher but i just havent bothered with it. Tried them at 3333mhz and they would crash occasionally, wouldnt boot at 3400mhz, im guessing if i play with the calc a bit i can probably tighten them up a ton, just havent bothered as the PC runs flawlessly right now.

Caporegime
Ripjaws V's they are 3400mhz C16 i only paid £140 for them a good while back, got them running at 3200mhz via the Asus CH6 auto profile, i have the settings via that Ryzen mem calc to take them higher but i just havent bothered with it. Tried them at 3333mhz and they would crash occasionally, wouldnt boot at 3400mhz, im guessing if i play with the calc a bit i can probably tighten them up a ton, just havent bothered as the PC runs flawlessly right now.

Soon

Soldato
OP
Its a fallacious argument.... It's the equivalent of the Biblical parable where only the totally blameless person is in a position where they can possibly make any judgement of any other persons action regardless of how egregious the others behavior was and how minor any of their past transgressions were.

No I can't point to a 'perfect' person/ youtuber because as you full well know no such person exists.

Much like the rest of human life the lack of a real 100‰ moral exemplar for a benchmark/ standard does not and should not stop judegements being made.

Its the degree to which I say Adored lacks objectively combined with his defenders who point to things like some of his videos being fairly technically minded in parts therefore believing that this justifies his views which I suggest are often just hyperbole and misrepresentations made from his subjective rather biased assessments that I object to.
Prior to my post, I am not aware mentioning a sliding scale of bias. From what I remember reading they were always black and white statement. Also if we are going to analyse the detail, its not a fallacious argument, because I never said or implied that a person has to be perfect to cast judgement. (Ironically a fallacious argument). I wanted to see who you consider to be a balanced and objective youtuber, because i'm curious as to where 0 is located on your ruler.

Considering your talk about everyone having a bias, i do find your final paragraph to be a little funny.

Soldato
I'm curious. Please point us to a youtuber that has 0 personnal bias and is completely objective, so we can see what stick you are using to measure AdoredTV with.

because I never said or implied that a person has to be perfect to cast judgement. (Ironically a fallacious argument)

Don't be ridiculous you asked for a youtuber with 0 personal bias which is definitely, at the bare minimum, an implied request for perfection (when it comes to being completely objective and hence able to cast judgement in the same fashion)

You asked for an impossible standard. A human exemplar (for objective judgement) that doesn't exist

Not being a perfect exemplar in one's self and not being able to point to another person who is does not stop a judgement being made re a third person's objectivity or lack thereof

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Don't be ridiculous you asked for a youtuber with 0 personal bias which is definitely, at the bare minimum, an implied request for perfection (when it comes to being completely objective and hence able to cast judgement in the same fashion)

You asked for an impossible standard. A human exemplar (for objective judgement) that doesn't exist

Not being a perfect exemplar in one's self and not being able to point to another person who is does not stop a judgement being made re a third person's objectivity or lack thereof

because I never said or implied that a person has to be perfect to cast judgement.
Your assuming things that haven't been said which is causing you jump to conclusions. Nothing in my previous posts implies a person must be perfect to cast judgement.

Soldato
Your assuming things that haven't been said which is causing you jump to conclusions. Nothing in my previous posts implies a person must be perfect to cast judgement.

You asked me to point to person with zero personal bias... Clearly no one could match this standard ergo logical fallacy to ask me to provide an example as a benchmark as you full well knew that no such example exists

Associate
AdoredTV is the most cynical tech youtuber I have ever watched. I watch his videos because he REALLY knows his stuff and he makes excellent arguments and he never fabricates anything to benefit his argument but the guy is so damn negative man... it's depressing, really. Everything is a ripoff, a conspiracy, or some kind of bungle as far as he's concerned.

The only one of his videos that I agree with 100% and share in his indignation is the one where he's incensed about the prices of high end NVIDIA cards such as the TITAN line. And he made it before the TITAN V came out, which costs more than my motorcyle...

Back
Top Bottom