Is the OcUK website comparison tool unfinished?

Soldato
Trying to compare the stats of two cases and all I get is this

TBM8bWT.png

No comparisons betwixt the two other than the name and the description. Has somebody not finished coding this tool? Surely this can't be all you can compare, what about number of HDD slots, dimensions, maximum GPU length, motherboard compatibility etc, etc?

Soldato
it's been quite lacking in comparison features since day dot. looks pretty much the same too so methinks there isn't much happening with it

edit: when I say quite I mean completely!

Soldato
OP
I've never really used it before, but I'm currently planning my new system out so am comparing quite a few things. The only solution at the moment is to open multiple tabs and then constantly flick back and forth to compare items. Calling what they have going on at the moment a 'comparison tool' is joke - it doesn't compare anything.

Soldato
I have found that comparisons and even technical specification on most sites like Overclockers and their competitors are severly lacking. Some products have lots of information and some it is very limited or in a completely different format/units/positions.

It is very resource intensive if the manufacturer's don't provide their information in a standard format.

Soldato
The whole website is lacking not just the comparison tool.

There is just so much wasted space it’s like one of those click bait websites that’s designed to smash in as many ads on the left and right of the screen while the actual content is shoe horned into a tiny tunnel in the middle of the screen, its absolutely horrible to look at.

Soldato
The whole website is lacking not just the comparison tool.

There is just so much wasted space it’s like one of those click bait websites that’s designed to smash in as many ads on the left and right of the screen while the actual content is shoe horned into a tiny tunnel in the middle of the screen, its absolutely horrible to look at.
At least the colour palette, while obviously subjective, seems quite reasonable. Have you seen the abomination that is their parent company website!? That would make your eyes bleed.

Soldato
OP
The parent company's comparison tool works though, unlike the OcUK one it actually does compare all the various stats of the items. Same two cases as in the OP:-

LSRIFrD.png

Soldato
At least the colour palette, while obviously subjective, seems quite reasonable. Have you seen the abomination that is their parent company website!? That would make your eyes bleed.

Nope I hadn't but have just checked and feel like I've looked directly at the sun on a summers day, that website is pure eye poison.
Can only presume that Stevie Wonder and David Blunkett are now moonlighting as web dev's for Caseking because surely someone with working eyes wouldn't put that together?

Soldato
having worked for ocuk myself, I think the issue is not the website side, it is the internal systems ocuk uses - it is not geared for putting in a proper "spec" list of features for the site to compare.

Caseking have a totally different internal back end system in place.

I dont expect the compare tool to work within ocuk website unless a massive overhaul is put into place for the ocuk back end system, and then it would be reliant on a member of staff adding the specs to ever product on the site - not a easy or quick job at all.

The ocuk site only has a description tab for the products: (see below)
But the caseking site has a specification tab also (see below)

This specification tab is what the compare tool pulls the data from.... OCUK backend system would need a massive update and the contents filling for every product.... wont happen any time soon for sure.

gx1200.PNG

gx1200-1.PNG

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Nearly all other competitors have functioning comparison tools on their sites, so why can't OcUK implement one? It's like they thought about including a comparison tool and thought, 'Nah, **** it. Let them do their own work'. It just seems extremely shoddy and very cheap on OcUK's part. Do they not realise that by not having one they're effectively driving people to use competitor sites.

Soldato
If Caseking the parent company have this info on their DB, surely it is not outside of the realms to either dupe that table of data over your own backend DB or just pull the data from their site?

Kimbie

Soldato
OP
Bit of a bump because it's still not working as a functional comparison tool. Perhaps OcUK are just happy for their customers to use competitor's sites in order to compare items.

4dsvw4v.png

Back
Top Bottom