Audio batch converting

Associate
Hi All,

Got a new motor that allows me to have my entire music collection on USB thumb drive but it doesn't like the mixture of audio formats my collection is currently in.

With that in mind I would like to take a copy of my collection and somehow convert all non-mp3 files (aac, m4a and flac) to mp3 whilst not changing the file/ folder structure and also deleting the original files as it goes (i'll do this on a copy of my music just for the car as my main copy contains lots of FLAC files I don't want to lose).

I've looked at various ways of doing this but all seem to either want to convert all files (i.e. no wildcard ignore MP3), don't allow delete of originals, or want to rename/ re-organise my collection.

Any thoughts on how to go about this? Can do either windows or Linux based options.

Thanks in advance!

E-I

Soldato
foobar will give some automation - have done batch convert of mutliple selected files from a folder - I did not know it will do a hierarchical folder structure.

I would be conevrting too aac or webm now, too, both ~192Kb/s, instead of mp3 320Kb/s

Associate
OP
foobar will give some automation - have done batch convert of mutliple selected files from a folder - I did not know it will do a hierarchical folder structure.

I would be conevrting too aac or webm now, too, both ~192Kb/s, instead of mp3 320Kb/s

This is specifically just for my car, a 2012 range rover which seems to only really like mp3, I'll leave my home collection as is, as it sits on my plex server anyway, so plex converts to whatever the player requires.

Back
Top Bottom