****The Sony RX100 Series Owners and Tips Thread****

Associate
The MK2 is still decent and has the longer range. The MK3 has a shorter focal length but brighter at the 70mm end. The newer ones have more video features and a viewfinder. The MK3 is worth getting and will last ages. I recently got the M5 as upgraded at a good price from the M1.

Associate
Nearly bought one of these yesterday till I found it had no external mic! Hoping the next incarnation has this and a flip out screen (not flip up)

Soldato
I thought mine was, then I learned about pulling the frame out and all was clear- literally!

Yeah, it took me a while to realise that too! The real problem with mine was that half the viewfinder area was much dimmer than the other half. Returned it without a problem, but have just ordered a new copy this evening.

Soldato
I thought mine was, then I learned about pulling the frame out and all was clear- literally!

At least it wasn't just me that made that mistake! I ended up grabbing myself a mk3 as an upgrade over my mk1 as it had a few little tweaks I thought would be nice to have.

Soldato
The VI is a cracking camera in terms of specs but will be very hard for many to justify that cost. Hopefully the mark IV and V will come down dramatically.

I looked at the mark V 8 months ago but went with a Panasonic LX100 instead due to the cost.

Soldato
Still got my Mk1, and still does what i want, the only thing i ever found it lacking was a view finder. The cost of these newer ones is laughable to me though, i would just get a crop A camera for that.

Associate
:( going the wrong way in my opinion. Should have gone to APSC with fixed 18mm sense in the same body size. Thinking iPhone generation conversions getting them into real cameras.

Soldato
Underboss
Guys

Just noticed something, no idea why this is,

I have a RX 100 MK 1
when i take a photo, it takes a copy in the original format, and a copy in .jpg

just looked at my photos and when i view the .ARW and then the .JPG the picture changes, its like the .ARW is slightly distorted in like a fish eye, and the .JPG is straight

what am i doing wrong?

Back
Top Bottom