Retro console and games thread

Soldato
finished Metroid Prime 2 last night on gamecube. It was ok, not a patch on the original prime. Also had a really badly padded out ending which just made it drag too much imo

On to beyond good and evil next!

Last edited:
Soldato
This thread really makes me miss my games room that I lost to my 4month old daughter.
Cant wait to get a 3 bedroom place and display it all again. (and then find out we are having another and have to put it all in the loft AGAIN) :D

Soldato
This thread really makes me miss my games room that I lost to my 4month old daughter.
Cant wait to get a 3 bedroom place and display it all again. (and then find out we are having another and have to put it all in the loft AGAIN) :D

Yea kids can do that ;) I found I had no time for gaming back when my chap was first born, understandably. But my retro shenanigans sort of started because of him, or at least he was my excuse. I wanted to gather a small collection of systems and games that I grew up with to show him when he's old enough! But it's become more about me now lol. Not got loads but I'm enjoying playing stuff I missed etc.

He's only 2 now but get much more time to game now that he's consistent at bedtime etc. That was a killer early on ;)

Soldato
Yea kids can do that ;) I found I had no time for gaming back when my chap was first born, understandably. But my retro shenanigans sort of started because of him, or at least he was my excuse. I wanted to gather a small collection of systems and games that I grew up with to show him when he's old enough! But it's become more about me now lol. Not got loads but I'm enjoying playing stuff I missed etc.

He's only 2 now but get much more time to game now that he's consistent at bedtime etc. That was a killer early on ;)

Tell me about it!

Got a world of warcraft sub voucher for xmas and its nearly over and I have played about 2 hours :(

Man of Honour
Decided to bring out the old A1200 for some SWOS. I love this little 1084S monitor too brings me right back.

The monitor and keyboard need a real good clean which I will do tomorrow (Just got back from holiday and can't be bothered to do much else)

Soldato
That's a retro I don't even know :( wish I had experiance this era, my first gaming came with the Megadrive! Did dabble in computer stuff but not until mid to late 90's! Great stuff!

Soldato
Loving the Free McBoot on my PS2, just got the NTSC version of a super-rare game called 'Rule of Rose' and it looks and runs like a dream.

Can I ask for some advice? How much space does Free McBoot take? I see posts on forums saying 64Mb cards are glitchy and some games refuse to work on 64Mb+ cards. Google "FreemcBoot and memory card size". Just wondering if a 32Mb will be enough for Free McBoot, OPL and few similar apps plus saved games.. Been aeons since I booted my PS2 up (think I have an official 8Mb card perhaps!?)

Soldato
Can I ask for some advice? How much space does Free McBoot take? I see posts on forums saying 64Mb cards are glitchy and some games refuse to work on 64Mb+ cards. Google "FreemcBoot and memory card size". Just wondering if a 32Mb will be enough for Free McBoot, OPL and few similar apps plus saved games.. Been aeons since I booted my PS2 up (think I have an official 8Mb card perhaps!?)

Not sure mate. I bought mine for like £3 delivered off eBay, it was the official Sony memory card if that helps. If I remember off the top of my head they're about 8MB? Either way you can use either of the memory card slots in the PS2 with the Free McBoot card in, for example I have my McBoot card in slot 2, normal memory card in slot 1.

Soldato
Not sure mate. I bought mine for like £3 delivered off eBay, it was the official Sony memory card if that helps. If I remember off the top of my head they're about 8MB? Either way you can use either of the memory card slots in the PS2 with the Free McBoot card in, for example I have my McBoot card in slot 2, normal memory card in slot 1.

Thanks, so you can boot Free Mcboot from slot 2 and still have all saves go to slot 1 automatically? I might as well grab a 32Mb card and put Free McBoot on my "official 8Mb" and use the 32Mb for an army of saves then.. Make sense?

Back
Top Bottom