So you think YOUR dreams are weird?

Man of Honour
I don't dream all the time, but when I do, they follow a similar pattern, presumably due to my working life.
For a large chunk of it, I was driving 40 ton articulated vehicles all over Europe, for an even larger chunk, I was driving a Black Cab in London.
In my dreams, I am often sitting at the wheel of a huge truck, but I'm on a taxi rank with it, or cruising the streets of London.
In these dreams I often pick up passengers, and I engage the meter which is miraculously in the head lining of the truck.
Then, knowing London like the back of my hand, I proceed to take the passengers to their destination, but inevitably end up in a narrow street, too small for the truck, so I get the passengers out and tell them to follow me on foot, sometimes going up and down ladders.
Even in my sleep, the realisation dawns on me that I'm unlikely to get paid for this dog's breakfast of a taxi trip, and I wake up thinking, "How the **** did I end up in Shepherd Market, Mayfair going to the Hilton, Park Lane, when I could have got down Curzon Street with the truck?
So my conscious mind must be riding along just above my sub-conscious mind in these dreams.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Pfft

I dreamt I was the only person in the world, then some woman found me on the teacups at Alton towers, This made me angry so i shot her, then i really was the only person in the world and proceeded take motorbike down the channel tunnel happy that i was on a motorbike in the channel tunnel and the only person in the world.

Soldato
Had some pretty nasty dreams recently. Might have something to do with my sleeping patterns and napping after work etc. Dream the other week where I woke up, but I didn't, I was still dreaming. Scary.

Last edited:
Soldato
I had a weird phase for a few months last year with a recurring dream where I was laying on the bed and all my insides were up on the ceiling. I mean intestines, liver and everything. I woke up every time feeling physically sick.

The subconscious is a really weird thing. :/

What's even more disturbing is when I dream I've done a full day's work then wake up!

Caporegime
I had a legendary dream when I was a child, and remember it to this day. Correction: I remember two parts of it.

Firstly, I was Tails the fox from Sonic 2 (it must have been 93 or so). Some children were swimming in my local public pool. I jumped in (because as a kid swimming is still fun...) When I jumped in the waters divided and I hit the bottom. These days I would say this part was an expression of my fear of being excluded.

The second part was more interesting. Still at the pool, a bunch of us jumped onto some newspaper sheets... which flew like magic carpets. Then it was a race. Somebody told me I could go faster if I took all my clothes off. So I'm flying around naked on a magic carpet made of newspaper.

I have no idea what that part is supposed to represent.

Then I got into a canoe and raced home along a river that doesn't exist. But the fields I was canoeing through were taken from real life. I've never owned a canoe tho.

You had to be there, man.

Associate
I could write a book with the things i have experenced sleep parallsis is a good one but yeah had many of strange dreams lol, the strange one i get a lot it feels like my throat is full of chewing gum and i have to get my fingers down my throat and pinch the gum out bit by bit and some bits are like a continously long piece coming out really realy strange.

Soldato
I dreamed just last night that Godzilla was in my area. He was outside my house, I saw him from my bedroom window and he saw me too and moved towards the house. I **** myself and ran to the bathroom, Godzilla smashed the front of the house so I opened the bathroom window and jumped onto the shed and dropped into the neighbours garden and jumped the next 2 garden walls and was in the ally. I went to the end of the ally to the road behind mine and peaked out and Godzilla was there so I ducked back into the ally, a few moments later I lifted myself to see over the ally wall and Godzilla was moving away down another road, but then the wall collapsed! Godzilla stopped and turned, he saw me so again I **** myself and ran off down the ally. I stopped half way down the ally thinking it would be better if I get out of sight as I won't make it down the ally before Godzilla see's me. Half way down the ally is a different build of wall we used to climb in as kids, I decided that's where I'd climb to get out of sight.

Then I felt a pain in my wrist because I fell asleep clutching my phone and I woke up.

Back
Top Bottom