2017 Ford Kuga headlamp condensation.

Caporegime
My partner has just picked up a 2017 Ford Kuga to replace her Focus, she’s very happy with it - as am I - but, I’ve noticed quite a bit of condensation in the headlights above and behind where the light is emitted from if you see what I mean.

The manual mentions that this is normal and should clear but to my mind it isn’t, there seems to be quite a lot of build up there and tonight after about 30 miles of motorway driving the condensation is still there.

I’m minded to take it back to the dealer (Hill & Swift of Stone, Staffordshire, Ford dealer) but she’s not convinced it’s a problem.

What would you do, given we picked it up yesterday and it’s still under manufacturers warranty...

Soldato
Let it dry out and keep an eye on it. Chances are someone just got a bit over zealous with the pressure washer before your partner collected it.

It’s happened to mine a couple of times when I’ve cleaned it, but never otherwise.

Caporegime
^^ that's a good shout. Last time I had condensation in the light was because the rear door to the unit hadn't been properly sealed after the last bulb change and was letting moisture in.

Caporegime
OP
To speed up the process, take the back covers off the lights and leave the car somewhere warm. Had to do that to my Dads Audi and it worked like a charm.
Think half the issue is that it’s been sat nice and snug inside the dealers heated showroom for a good while (a few weeks) then we take it out into rain and sleet.

I entertained myself this morning in the usual M6 crawl to look at similar Kugas, over the space of an hour (and about six miles!) I came across three, two had noticeable (from my elevated position in my cab it’s easy to see) condensation in the same spot, the other didn’t, they were all 17/67 plate current models like my partners.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom