Sea of Thieves - released March 20th

Associate
Hi all,

Anyone else pre-ordered? Looking forward to the beta (starts Wednesday) and thought it could be fun to see if anyone else will be jumping in - perhaps we can get a few crews together?

Quick search brought up no SoT threads - I can't be the only one excited for this?!

Associate
OP
Is it open beta? I was in the Technical Test on PC but that's the last I heard.

Closed beta for anyone who preordered and activates their black dog bonus code - I know a couple of places are offering preorders but no code included, so watch out for that. Should appear in game library (for xbox at least) at 12 today IIRC. Not sure if PC is also included if you preordered the PC/Crossplay version?

Caporegime
I have pre ordered yes, it was £35 on CDKeys (probably still is) so figured it worth a punt for that price, play anywhere etc etc.

I really like the look of it, it looks a lot of fun although haven't played Alpha/Beta.

Associate
OP
I have pre ordered yes, it was £35 on CDKeys (probably still is) so figured it worth a punt for that price, play anywhere etc etc.

I really like the look of it, it looks a lot of fun although haven't played Alpha/Beta.

Did CDKeys give you a preorder bonus code? I had a look but couldn't see any mention of it on their site and had no reply from support, so ended up buying from somewhere else. Paid a bit more for it mind!

Soldato
Just saw that (posted a thread about it), I have been in the Alpha from the very start and love SoT but was having trouble selling it to my friends.

Too cartoony.
Not enough game.
Needs COOP.

Being their main issues, for £7.99 a month i think it may well have a lot more players, It also may have a Lot more trolls and its a game that can be trolled hard.

Associate
OP
Just saw that (posted a thread about it), I have been in the Alpha from the very start and love SoT but was having trouble selling it to my friends.

Too cartoony.
Not enough game.
Needs COOP.

Being their main issues, for £7.99 a month i think it may well have a lot more players, It also may have a Lot more trolls and its a game that can be trolled hard.

All valid concerns - I guess it depends what you want from a game? I guess I see it as something that you can drop in and out of and would be fun for a couple hours as a casual gamer - I have a fair few other games on the go when I want to grind and spend hours working towards something more serious (FO4, Witcher 3, EfT, tempted by MH:W) so this will be more of a nice distraction when my brain is fried after work and I just want to chill out doing something stupid with friends. I guess the cartoon-y graphics kind of add to that, but I have to say I think the art style has a really unique charm to it from the screenshots I've seen. I guess "Not enough game" could mean lack of progression, but I don't think that's the idea with this - it seems the intention is more that you get a couple of mates together and see what happens along the way. Not sure what they mean about needs co-op - have they looked at the sailing mechanics for large ships?

I see what you mean re. trolls, but can you really be trolled that hard if you have a pre-made crew? surely it would just lead to more battles, which could be half the fun? I hope that's not the case, but I'll wait and see what happens. In any case, if you/your mates are short a deckhand I'll gladly come a'pludering with ye :cool: (sunglasses are the closest I could get to an eye patch...)

Soldato
I'm gonna give this a try on game pass now they have decided to put MS exclusives up on release day from now on :D

Same here, great move by MS, makes the sub well worth while.

Edit. Might add though, i was tempted to pre order (digitally) to get into the beta but once i read about the day 1 game pass release i decided to wait....

Associate
OP
Might add though, i was tempted to pre order (digitally) to get into the beta but once i read about the day 1 game pass release i decided to wait....

Might have done the same, but cant cancel as already redeemed a bonus content. Still very excited to try the beta so no regrets - never preorder anything so that just adds to the excitement!

Back
Top Bottom