Total War: Warhammer 2

Soldato
Bought this last night. Haven't played it yet, haven't found time.

I did run the benchmarks at default Ultra settings 1440p.

DX11 runs good, 55ish minimums but DX12 is all over the shop. Massive frame variance.

Does DX12 in this game run any better on AMD GPU's?

---

Also is the blood and gore DLC worth it? It's £2. :rolleyes:

Associate
I bought this game a few days ago as my first real Total War experience. I firkin love it!

The previous games never really interested me but with the move into the fantasy with elves, dragons and dinosaurs, I couldn't resist.

It took some getting used to I must say but for anyone new to the franchise like me or just lost and overwhelmed, consult YouTube. There are a ton of short guides into the combat mechanics, races etc... They helped a great deal.

With that said, back to it! Caledor think they can declare war on my ally and trade partner with the thinking that I would just sit by... the nerve!

Associate

DX11 runs good, 55ish minimums but DX12 is all over the shop. Massive frame variance.

---

In my opinion the blood and gore DLC is worth it. It adds a lot to the immersion and come on... you can spend more on a sandwich. ;)

Caporegime

---

Basically if you want the full experience then buy ALL of the DLC. The game is also much less pleasing to watch without the blood.

Associate
i have had issues getting the game to launch.. the launcher stops responding immediately ..

happened as soon as the last patch came out..

tried reinstalling etc but no joy.. tried the few solutions online but still isn't working :(

Associate
i have had issues getting the game to launch.. the launcher stops responding immediately ..

happened as soon as the last patch came out..

tried reinstalling etc but no joy.. tried the few solutions online but still isn't working :(

1. Try to Verify Integrity..

2. Failing that double check your firewall is not the problem and that you need to give access to the program.

3. If all else fails, rollback to an earlier Windows before the latest update.

Associate
Warhammer 2 tends to run more slowly concerning loading times etc, so it really pays off to move both Warhammer 1 and 2 over to a SSD as it will really improve the loading times to just a couple of seconds.

Soldato
Anybody else got the new Tomb Kings DLC? It's absolutely fantastic. Really fun factions to play. You don't have to pay for troops or any upkeep. You can have unlimited sword/pikemen (not the best) in your army but then the better troops are limited. For example I can only have 4 chariot archers at the moment, i can have them all in one army or spread them across my 2 armies I currently have. Through research you can up these numbers.

Caporegime
Anybody else got the new Tomb Kings DLC? It's absolutely fantastic. Really fun factions to play. You don't have to pay for troops or any upkeep. You can have unlimited sword/pikemen (not the best) in your army but then the better troops are limited. For example I can only have 4 chariot archers at the moment, i can have them all in one army or spread them across my 2 armies I currently have. Through research you can up these numbers.
YOu also get **** all gold per turn which makes building very difficult.

Soldato
The lack of gold is easy to remedy though with sacking\Raiding\Trading and the 1k or so gold you get per battle won if you opt to not take the 30 canopic jars. Trading is also good as you need some of the commodities to unlock units and buy items via the mortuary cult..

I am currently running 3 armies and am using 2 for conquering and 1 for home defense and have just built my first Pyramid thing (Special building) that costs 14.5k. I am currently researching my 3rd Dynasty as well. Overall I think Tomb Kings are one of the best races but their racial's make them so strong. The more of them that die the more they regenerate health, Add in a Tomb King that regenerates everyone as a passive ability and it can make for some resistant armies although they do suffer from crumbling just like Vampire armies.

I am however playing as Settra so it is relatively easy. Will be trying Arkhan the Black next to see what a mix of VC and TK is like

Soldato
Really enjoying this game but there is one thing that annoys me...Chaos invasions!!! Its just a plain annoying game of whack a mole and serves virtually no purpose and I always seem to massively suffer for them.

Associate
Really enjoying this game but there is one thing that annoys me...Chaos invasions!!! Its just a plain annoying game of whack a mole and serves virtually no purpose and I always seem to massively suffer for them.

I'm with you on that, probably part of game i hate most.

Wish there was a option to disable chaos.

Back
Top Bottom