Audi owners in here!

Associate
Has anybody had any joy with coding features and changing bits and bobs on recent models? There’s a couple of things I’ve been looking at and am thinking about getting the necessary cables/software but not sure where to start really.

Soldato
Put a deposit down on a new S5 sportback on Sunday.

Keep changing my mind on the colour. Need to decide and quick!

Originally ordered it Missano red, then changed it to Mythos black. Now I’m think Daytona grey looks the best. Arghhhhh

Associate
I’ve got mythos black and while it does look good when clean, it doesn’t stay that way and it really does show swirl marks. In fact, that reminds me I need to find a decent local detailer.

The daytona makes the car look pretty boring and doesn’t really pop so out of those choices, if you discount black due to upkeep, I’d go missano red.

Soldato
Good to know, I picked Mythos black over the normal black as I thought it would hide any swirls. My original gut choice was Misano red, think I need to go with my gut.

The dealer aint gonna like me :)

Soldato
Put a deposit down on a new S5 sportback on Sunday.

Keep changing my mind on the colour. Need to decide and quick!

Originally ordered it Missano red, then changed it to Mythos black. Now I’m think Daytona grey looks the best. Arghhhhh

Navarra!

The problem with Daytona (I've had two in this colour) is it's too common now. It's been the "go to" S-Line colour for years now and it's everywhere.

Associate
LCk67oxh.jpg

My A6 in Misano Red. IMO it's a great colour as long as you don't mind standing out and somewhat drawing attention to yourself because it definitely draws the eye amongst the sea of black, white and grey we see on the roads.

My recommendations would be to spec black styling (it contrasts really nicely with the red) and a sunroof (to break up the redness on the roof) if you can, though that may be a little overkill.

Caporegime
Navarra!

The problem with Daytona (I've had two in this colour) is it's too common now. It's been the "go to" S-Line colour for years now and it's everywhere.
+1. Navarra is a gorgeous colour for an "S" model.

IMG_20170308_164844.jpg

Soldato
Final Spec submitted.
  • Misano Red
  • Black Leather
  • Virtual cockpit
  • Carbon dash inlays
  • Flat Steering Wheel
Secured a build week of week 8, so hoping to get it at the end of March.

Man of Honour
My neighbour has a new Navarra Blue S5, and while it's a nice colour, it looks dirty much like black, and doesn't stand out like Ara Blue does on the S3 for example.

Soldato
My neighbour has a new Navarra Blue S5, and while it's a nice colour, it looks dirty much like black, and doesn't stand out like Ara Blue does on the S3 for example.

Ara was too bright for me personally but, more than that, it's also getting very common very quickly. Seems to be the new Sepang and I'm constantly seeing S3s in it. Navarra is deeper, more discrete but really comes alive in good light.

Back
Top Bottom