Show Us Your Motors!

Permabanned
New family car/daily driver came last week. It's the GLC43, so a 'warm' version of the GLC but not quite full-on AMG like the 63.
Really enjoying it so far, seems much better screwed together than the LR Discovery Sport it has replaced. The Burmester stereo is very impressive - possibly one of the best I've heard of a car like this. Looking forward to trying some of the adaptive cruise features and getting my foot down properly once it's run in. :D

I know a lot of people don't like the C class interior with the stick on Ipad but it is much better in person than it comes across in pictures perhaps? Either way, it wasn't a deal breaker for me. Went for the carbon fibre interior trim to replace the piano black. It's still quite shiny, so will unfortunately still show finger prints but I thought it was a nice touch.

I like the interior in the flesh... 'twas the same in the C63 I had for ~3 months.

Only thing I don't like are the buttons... they feel a bit flimsy when you compare to the likes of BMW or other marques.

The Burmeister system is very good... it was the best I'd heard until I got to sample the B&W system in the Aston Martin DB11... oh my that sound system is amazing! Not much better than the Burmeister though.

Soldato
New family car/daily driver came last week. It's the GLC43, so a 'warm' version of the GLC but not quite full-on AMG like the 63.
Really enjoying it so far, seems much better screwed together than the LR Discovery Sport it has replaced. The Burmester stereo is very impressive - possibly one of the best I've heard of a car like this. Looking forward to trying some of the adaptive cruise features and getting my foot down properly once it's run in. :D

I know a lot of people don't like the C class interior with the stick on Ipad but it is much better in person than it comes across in pictures perhaps? Either way, it wasn't a deal breaker for me. Went for the carbon fibre interior trim to replace the piano black. It's still quite shiny, so will unfortunately still show finger prints but I thought it was a nice touch.

I like that it actually has tyres wrapped around the wheels instead of rubber bands, becoming increasingly rare nowadays :p

Soldato
N

Why is the infotainment controller shaped like a G-Spot stimulator!

Cracking car and looks like a great place to be in.

Man of Honour
Very nice! I think the C class interior is pretty classy - Merc have brought it down well from the S/E class. The screen really works and the only issue is the stupid middle joystick/wheel/touchpad 'thing', I still don't have a clue how to use my wife's after a year. I also keep putting it in reverse when I want to use the wipers.

Pls update when you have drifting vids!

daz

daz

Soldato
Very nice! I think the C class interior is pretty classy - Merc have brought it down well from the S/E class. The screen really works and the only issue is the stupid middle joystick/wheel/touchpad 'thing', I still don't have a clue how to use my wife's after a year. I also keep putting it in reverse when I want to use the wipers.

Pls update when you have drifting vids!

It's definitely something that comes across better in person than in pictures. Tried the driving pilot thing last night, very impressive on a dual carriageway when it's steering itself and slowing down/speeding back up again. :eek:

OcUK Staff
It's not a Camero it's a Camaro. And nowt much wrong with that either - as you can see Gibbo has been enjoying it a lot. :)

Yes fantastic car, tell me exactly what is bad about it?
My only complaints on the car, visibility, high waist line and the interior is pretty poor. But power, handling and fun factor it has that in huge doses, the auto could be more responsive but its better than A6 in Mustang. :)

OcUK Staff
IIRC he does have a bajillion HP Hellcat Charger. :p

He will now I am joking, Hellcat, Demon are about the coolest cars on the planet to be frank. No one cares that they don't handle like an M car, that the interior is about on par with a 90's French hatch and that to drive you need a shell tanker following you. Because when it comes to modern day muscle cars everything else pales in comparison to what Dodge are doing with Challengers and Dodge got it spot on for their intended audience with the Challenger and the later spin off models. It is the closest modern day muscle car that truly is a muscle car, well in Hellcat and Demon trim anyway.

My dream garage would always have a selection of American cars in it and one of those would be a Dodge Challenger Hellcat widebody for sure. I'd also have a GT350 and GT500 along with a Camaro ZL1, Corvette Z06 and a Cadillac CTS-V or whatever the crazy one is. :D
But my dream garage is huge as it has several German cars, British and some Italians in their too, probably missed a few out. :D

For now I have to put up with owning just one or two at a time, though the F-type was never a dream car, but more a surprise but oh my I do love it and it really is an every day super car, though is the SVR a super car or just a very glorified and expensive sports car. But it does what the Mustang did, makes me smile just by turning on and it makes me giggle a lot more.

I have a right dilemma the other night, short tunnel approaching so do I gun it through the tunnel or do I lift of inside the tunnel. I decided to gun it, tonight I might go for the lift off experience instead. :D

Associate
I have a right dilemma the other night, short tunnel approaching so do I gun it through the tunnel or do I lift of inside the tunnel. I decided to gun it, tonight I might go for the lift off experience instead. :D

I have this every day driving home in the Z4, especially with the modded exhaust, and every time it ends in a massive smile, so God knows what it's like in something like the F type SVR!

Back
Top Bottom