Raw Data - Free This Weekend

Associate
Haha. Couple of panicked moments where I've unwittingly released the grip on my pistol and am being faced down by a collection of droids - then follows nervous evasive action all the while trying not to smash up my front room in real life. VR, you are proving quite the experience!

D3K

D3K

Soldato
These games are exactly the reason you need a padded cell and wireless hmds :D

I played the demo, and while enjoyable in the short term, the more frantic it got the more unmanageable IRL it got.
I had hoped they would see the light and work out an algorithm that woiuld have you turning in the opposite direction the same amount of times... or create a blind spot behind your fov that wouldnt get populated by enemies, but it sounds like they haven't. Too dangerous for the unattentive and too distracting for the attentive.

Associate
These games are exactly the reason you need a padded cell and wireless hmds :D

I play in the front room with a 3 bulb chandelier style light (a Homebase jobby, not crystal!) hanging from the ceiling.

I'm conscious of it being there until things get frantic and then it gets batted. Thankfully switching from filaments to LED has meant I no longer have to buy new bulbs each time! :p

Associate
This was the first game I suffered an injury in.

Was doing the hand to hand combat tutorial. Didn't realise I had ventured so far to the wall. Put my full weight behind my punch and smack fist straight into a wooden beam.

Lucky I didn't break my hand but it sure felt like I had :(

Back
Top Bottom