Recommend a Baby Monitor please

Soldato
We’ve had really bad luck with monitors. First we had a BT one where the screen died after a year. Then we got a VTech VM343 and it stopped charging after six months. VTech’s customer support is dreadful too.

Associate
Sound and movement are more than enough features.

There are lots of gimmecky things out there for new parents - make sure you do your research and don't feel the need to just throw money at every hurdle :)

I know couples who became obsessive when using the video features and actually changed to a simpler model.

We've got a very basic BT sound-only monitor and it has been excellent.
https://www.pmctelecom.co.uk/two-wa...=70c0fb1ea3820f828e080f13be3e87a2&fo_s=gplauk

Good luck with it - ours is 7 months now!

Associate
We use a wireless IP camera that has night vision and two way audio. coupled with a tablet (can also sync it up to multiple devices)

Works surprisingly well, it was only a cheap one that I picked up after our Motorola unit broke.

Caporegime
Sound and movement are more than enough features.

There are lots of gimmecky things out there for new parents - make sure you do your research and don't feel the need to just throw money at every hurdle :)

I know couples who became obsessive when using the video features and actually changed to a simpler model.

We've got a very basic BT sound-only monitor and it has been excellent.
https://www.pmctelecom.co.uk/two-wa...=70c0fb1ea3820f828e080f13be3e87a2&fo_s=gplauk

Good luck with it - ours is 7 months now!
Absolutely echoing this. Buy something that does the essentials very, very well and provides you comfort, not the all-singing-all-dancing version that does more things but less well.

Associate
Suggest getting a simple, sound only, baby monitor.

I've used the same basic BT model for all of my 4 children - similar to the BT Digital 400.

Soldato
Lizard114.jpg

Soldato
I got a pretty small one for around £50 off Amazon. Seems to work perfectly fine in the house, as we sleep with her in the bedroom we only really need it for when we put her down for the evening upstairs.

Video is nice, as can tell if she's stirring or awake at a glance, sound we have low - two way audio we think is a waste of time.

Associate
I think I've seen the Motorola ones mentioned here a bit. I got the MBP41s about a year and a half ago. Cant say I've ever thought it was a bad decision. Nigh video is decent not sure what you expect. But would recommend, Not sure if they do a different model now though. like the MBP36s or something. I paid £75 at the time, but i think that was a very good sale deal.

Soldato
Totally agree with devrij. Spend most of your money on nappies and wipes.

Our boy slept through the night from 5 months. I used to wake up at every noise on the monitor to excess and suffered bad sleep because of it. Definitely no need for all those pressure sensors and the like. They are babies they roll around everywhere.
I have a cheapo Motorola one and it is plenty. Unless you live in a mansion you'll know all about it anyway. Naturally you'll be paranoid as **** that they've somehow died in their sleep for a while (that doesn't go away, in my experience, but it is limited to when they sleep through the whole night), but your money is best spent on the mountains of nappies, muslin squares, wipes, baby grows etc that you'll burn through.
We had these breathing monitors that was all, that's all you need really, this one went through four families and six kids so it's robust and well built. Video, heat and sound are really just gimmicks unless you live in a mansion.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HiSense-11-Babysense-Breathing-Monitor/dp/B006B486X2
i never get the whole you don't need sound unless you live in a mansion thing do people really like leaving there kids until they are screaming loud enough you can hear them downstairs over the TV?

One other thing I love about video is being able to see what he's upto when he's on his own. We had sound only with the eldest and missed out on some super funny cute moments that we are getting with the second.

Associate
Congratulations and welcome to the minimal sleep club, We had an angel care system monitoring breathing movement temperature and audio with my wife being completely deaf in one ear and over 50db in the other from a childhood illness she loved the visuals on the monitor could see that he was breathing or moving in couple of seconds instead of waking me up to check. The few times that alarm went off i have never been so terrified running to check thankfully he was fine but without that breathing/ movement monitor who knows what may or may not have happened.

Caporegime
We used a generic IP webcam which you can view on your phone, plus some cheap audio only baby phone.

Don't both with the movement sensors, you get a load of false readings and if if you do get a true positive it just tells you your baby is dead

Soldato
We use an Angel Care which has sound, sensor pad and room temp. Glad it doesn't have video.

Daughter is in her own room and sleeps well. I don't need to watch her, only need to know when she needs attention which the audio satisfactorily achieves. Sensor pad gives enough peace of mind. We rarely get false alarms on the sensor pad. Read the instructions and install it properly!

Back
Top Bottom