******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
So I've been offered a full refund which will in lude shutting my account down. They haven't indicated whether the streaming option will ever work again and I wonder if that is why it's full rather than partial.

I'll probably take it and then back it again at another date when and if my situation changes or streaming via steam or other software (splash top etc.) becomes viable... Shame as I really like the premise but I haven't been able to play since 3.0 release and probably won't.

That fair enough. I missed earlier but what you streaming with? Are you using Nvidia GPU? If so could you not use Nvidia shield to then stream instead?

Soldato
Steam Streaming at the moment as its more consistent, but nVidia gamestream doesn't work either. The game loads to the select screen to chose online vs the fps etc. but then it goes completely blank and refuses to display anything. The game is running as I get sounds from a splashtop connection but streaming in other apps doesn't do anything. Only way to stop it is to kill the game from the task manager.

I might asking requests in here at various release stages to see if they've changed this, as until I move in to a bigger house streaming is the only way to play!

Have approved the full refund, will see how this comes back in! I predominately used Paypal so that should be easy, but some cards have now expired!

Last edited:
Associate
What kind of stuff did you see

As soon as you walk through the door, you’ve got to sign an NDA but then it means you can pretty much see everything and talk to everyone and ask anything. Very informative and eye opening being able to see how everything is coming together and everyone we spoke to was very helpful and enthusiastic about building the game and playing the game. The one thing that I picked up and that really gets drummed into you when you see everyone’s desks is that it’s very much a game being built by gamers.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
My problem with it is the following...

Utterly confused by it all :) Looking forward just installing the game when its done without all the extra buy this, hanger this, demo mode this etc etc, buy this ship for X thousands of pounds etc etc.

Soldato
As soon as you walk through the door, you’ve got to sign an NDA but then it means you can pretty much see everything and talk to everyone and ask anything. Very informative and eye opening being able to see how everything is coming together and everyone we spoke to was very helpful and enthusiastic about building the game and playing the game. The one thing that I picked up and that really gets drummed into you when you see everyone’s desks is that it’s very much a game being built by gamers.

Did you think games are built by non-gamers?

Good thing to come out of a AAA budget game being this open in development is that gamers who are only exposed to the toxic bile spewed at devs most of the time on the internets get a chance to see that actually everyone in game development is a bigger gamer nerd than you are and really cares about what they're building.

Soldato
Are fighter jets built by the pilots ?

Did you build your own car/house ? (I know a select few maybe have)

You see what am getting at.

Glad I could clear this one up for you then. Every game is built by gamers.

Anyone that didn't care about what they were making would be earning far more money outside the games industry, not to mention they'd never get past an interview :)

Back
Top Bottom