James Bond films are 'sexist' and 'racist

Soldato
Amazes me how many people get triggered by free speech nowadays. It's pathetic. Personally I'm not offended by anything anyone says. Why would I? It's just a waste of energy. I simply ignore. However I do enjoy the cry babies on this forum whinging about it, very entertaining. :D

Caporegime
Yes, James Bond movies are sexist and racist. They've always been sexist and racist. They're just one long male fantasy based on 1950s values. That's the whole point of them. I wasn't aware that this was ever seriously debated.

:confused:

Read this post above then go to next thread. Save a lot of time.

No one's really bothered it won't even be news next week. If it's even news now?

Caporegime
Read this post above then go to next thread. Save a lot of time.

No one's really bothered it won't even be news next week. If it's even news now?

It is news for the far-right whiners who get triggered by someone else's opinion.

RDM

RDM

Soldato
There do seem to be quite a few threads recently with people who want to advocate free speech when they want to say offensive stuff getting all upset when someone else uses free speech to say something they dont like.

Caporegime
1950s values? So you're saying no one wants to be a spy and have sex with women in 2018?

Good grief what is the world coming to. James bond hasnt raped anyone all the females he has had sex with on screen have pretty much been gagging for his manhood for goodness sake. That's what's wrong with the society of today we're being fed tonnes of sex propaganda that even looking at women will be harassment. Designed to divide and conquer.
All PIV is rape, don't forget.

Soldato

It's true though. Unless you can show me a clip where Mr Bond actually raped someone who doesn't want him inside. I'm here for the truth too y'know.

If you managed to heroically save the world you would also have huge amounts of female sexual attention (from real women, not brainwashed women who have been fed so much propaganda that they think all sex is some sort of evil and painful rape attempt with life long consequences.

Why do you think there's a woman in James's bed at the end of every single Bond film? Is it because he's a rapist who has spent the film stalking a victim or is it because he spent the film saving the world?

It's all fake news propaganda. Today they're using fictional Mr Bond, tomorrow they'll use someone else.

Resist the propaganda.

Soldato
There do seem to be quite a few threads recently with people who want to advocate free speech when they want to say offensive stuff getting all upset when someone else uses free speech to say something they dont like.

Most of the time it's because what the other wants to do it curtail the free speech of others, that's when i feel i have to step in. And it's extraordinary how often the they want to force people to use language they don't want to use

See bill c-16 in Canada

BTW, Jordan Peterson is a freaking legend!

Soldato
So I guess they are going to ruin Bond movies next...

These "everything is sexist/racist" people are starting to annoy. It's about time we ignored them.

Caporegime
So I guess they are going to ruin Bond movies next...

These "everything is sexist/racist" people are starting to annoy. It's about time we ignored them.

Most rational level headed people do, just the far right that hey triggered every 15 minutes

Caporegime
Oh right, sure, whatever you say. There was “uproar” at the time, then everyone got on with their lives.

Once again, we are outraged by the prospect of outrage.

People wouldn’t get on with it now though, people wouldn’t stop until the film was cancelled/RDJ stripped of his fortune and the director sent to hell.

Soldato
Stolen from someone smarter than me:

After the success of the FRIENDS trial run, we’re happy to announce a new content format for journalists looking to fill space.

Here’s how it works:

1. Think of some piece of media which is fondly remembered by people who aren’t millennials.
2. Scour social media for a couple of tweets by millennials saying it’s somehow problematic.
3. Present tweets as if they are the top of a vast iceberg of millennial outrage.
4. Spin out into a week of think-pieces on how millennials are humourless po-faced censors.
5. Congratulate self and readership on being better than young people.
6. Rinse, repeat.

Caporegime
Every other thread in GD these days is about things being racist or sexist and then 10 pages of the same old arguments being recycled. Am I the only one who is beginning to find it extremely monotonous?

Permabanned
They aren't comparable. Free speech folk defend your right to say whatever, even if they disagree. The other side try to prevent you from saying stuff in the first place.

Every other thread in GD these days is about things being racist or sexist and then 10 pages of the same old arguments being recycled. Am I the only one who is beginning to find it extremely monotonous?
I think most people agree with you. The problem is - if people make false accusations and aren't challenged then they win by default. So the media would have you believe all white men are a problem, if you are a white man you can't be expected to bend over and let it happen.

Back
Top Bottom