Man of Honour
Do any of you find that doing long term nights makes you very short tempered?

Long term nights messes me up proper not just makes me grumpy lol - and it isn't due to vitamin deficiency in my case. Sadly I seem to be edging back onto nights (just finished a shift) so probably gonna have to look for a new job.

Caporegime
My current job is 1:2 weekends and nights everyother week. It’s soul destroying but the end is in sight.

I thought nights were ok until we had our daughter. The combination of nights, trying to squeeze in family time on nights and a noise toddler when you’re trying to sleep is just a mess.

Soldato
Chasing a mouse around the flat that my cat Millie has bought home as she felt my hunting skills needed honing, still I would normally be searching the TV channels for something remotely interesting at this time.

Man of Honour
Covering for duty manager on night shift yay - was 25% under staff on paper for the job to be done further depleted by staff off sick.

Man of Honour
no wonder I feel good today, I think this stupid cold has finally broken.
6f9puu.jpg

however the first week of nights on Monday, haven't done a full week of nights in about a year.

Soldato
Wish I could go back to regular nights, I used to love it.

Naturally a night owl but due to work probably in bed around 10pm latest, hate it to be honest.

I used to love a long lay in at the weekends until after lunch time but now I'm used to getting up around 4-5am for work I can't sleep any longer than about 8:30am

Man of Honour
Do any of you find that doing long term nights makes you very short tempered?

Been doing a lot nights recently covering a role at work and its making me super grumpy especially the last few days, was really short tempered and ready to bite people's heads off today over some relatively minor, though frustrating, issues at work. Definitely not due to lack of sleep or vitamins, etc.

Soldato
Thought I'd revive this thread as it's good.

So, it's 2:15am and I'm awake. Haven't slept properly in days which is a little worrying. Still, I have alcohol and the internet so I'll be ok. Any one else up at this hour?

On a side note, if a wasp farts in the woods and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound? Peace out.......................

Soldato
My youngest lad is ill so has been a bit unsettled all night. I'm still sat awake because I can't really sleep. Not ideal when I'm working in the morning, but thankfully I work from home.

Soldato
My youngest lad is ill so has been a bit unsettled all night. I'm still sat awake because I can't really sleep. Not ideal when I'm working in the morning, but thankfully I work from home.

Sorry to hear than man. I'm sure he'll pull through, kids often get ill but it's mostly a passing thing.

Soldato
Yeah he's only got a cold but he's a snotty mess :) He's upstairs with his mum now so at least I'm getting some quiet time alone - can't remember the last time I had even an hour to myself with peace and quiet. Loving it despite being knackered.

Man of Honour
I'm at work - haven't been sleeping great last couple of nights so running on about 2 hours sleep yay.

I have internet but alcohol might be a bit of a no no heh.

Associate
Been working nights for 10 years now and love it. There's something about being awake all night that makes work much easier.
I struggle to sleep sometimes but on average I get about 4-5 hours sleep a day.

Soldato
Been working nights for 10 years now and love it. There's something about being awake all night that makes work much easier.

I used to work nights too but it was kind of hard to get things done at times when you're asleep during the day. Still, what pays the bills pays the bills.

Man of Honour
Power through dude. I heard that whales don't sleep so if they can do it why not us :)

IIRC with mammals the need for sleep is proportional to the size - elephants don't sleep much at times either.

I hate working nights - really messes me up - I'm relatively well paid to do it at the moment but if that changes I'm off. If it wasn't for that I'd quite like it as currently I'm the most senior person in the building on night shifts plus the extra pay and less people to bother you, etc.

Associate
Yer it does mess things up when you need to do stuff like get the car serviced or go doctors etc.

The money is definitely one of the main reasons I do nights and that I get get every other Friday off meaning I get a long weekend.

Back
Top Bottom