******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
I'm a game developer. I spent all my working life and much of my social life around game devs. I am yet to meet one that isn't a gamer.

Where are you meeting all these game developers that aren't into gaming?

I'm not disputing a lot are but you outright state All are, That is just blatantly wrong. The chances of all the artists/Netcode devs/ animators ect are ALL gamers is just utter BS. They are all part of the development team, No?

Must mean all those people working at Sage are accountants in their spare time.

Must be, Or stuffing experts :p

Soldato
Anyone that didn't care about what they were making would be earning far more money outside the games industry,
Unless they're in some kind of executive role where they do make the big bucks, from things like Loot Crates and Kickstarter Pledges... :p

Where are you meeting all these game developers that aren't into gaming?
Most of those I've known are so tired of banging away with programming and coding and playtesting and gaming gaming gaming by gamers for gamers with gamers, that they cannot bear to sit down at a game during their free time as well!!!

Soldato
I'm not disputing a lot are but you outright state All are, That is just blatantly wrong. The chances of all the artists/Netcode devs/ animators ect are ALL gamers is just utter BS. They are all part of the development team, No?

Can argue over whether 99.9% or 100% of game devs are gamers if you like (all the artists, network devs, animators...even directors I've met are game nerds btw) :) but it kinda misses the point, which was a response to :

The one thing that I picked up and that really gets drummed into you when you see everyone’s desks is that it’s very much a game being built by gamers.

Desks were full of game figurines? Game wallpapers? Game posters on the wall? Printed out memes all over the walls? Derpy nerd arguments at the water cooler? Overall impression that the people there are 'proper gamers'?

That's what game studios are like!

Soldato
Trying to get the updated version of this but keep getting data.p4k errors.
Been through several forums and multiple solution ideas, from deleting various files and directories, to completely re-installing on different drives.... damn thing just doesn't want to work.

Soldato
Right so I'm out of this now :( refund processed and coming back in to various accounts... Almost $1000 NZD refund. Unfortunately, the condition of refund was full account closure so no more SC for me for a while. I'll check back in for free flights or if things change with my PC and I may ask if people can test via steam streaming but yeah disappointed that I was unable to continue this journey!

Associate
Trying to get the updated version of this but keep getting data.p4k errors.
Been through several forums and multiple solution ideas, from deleting various files and directories, to completely re-installing on different drives.... damn thing just doesn't want to work.

I had this problem over Xmas, tried downloading the full game twice and kept getting the same error. Some kind soul uploaded the whole 20 odd gig Data.p4k to google drive and it worked once I had downloaded that. Not ideal, and once I finally got in the game it ran between 1-5 fps with occasional spikes up to 30 fps for a few seconds! Unless you have a banging PC I would skip 3.0 and just wait for 3.1.

Associate
I get this,

27331740_10156111076537375_5825319367269219922_n.jpg

So cannot play and don't want to reinstall the game.

Associate
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/...tart-game-due-to-data-p4k-file-failure/924933

This is my post.

There is a working and clean Data.p4k file but it is a 34gb download.
1. Send support a ticket about the issue to help them fix it! Instructions here from CIG: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/...cher-downloads-then-want-to-re-install/917110

2. Quit the launcher completely: Right-click the taskbar icon and click close. Or right-click the System Tray icon and click Quit. Open task manager and make sure it's gone.

3. Backup or just delete your current Datap4k file from \StarCitizen\LIVE

4. Download Data p4k.rar from https://drive.google.com/drive/fold...1VeE8wQW04U0phTXFOMVZEUWh0SzU2cjVzRl9JUVIxalk save in the \StarCitizen\LIVE folder.

5. If you do not have WinRar, then ALSO download 007wrar540 from the same location, run the wrar file and install it.

6. Right click the zipped file and select "Extract Here"

7. Once it is unpacked, Restart the Launcher “as Administrator”.

Soldato
Can argue over whether 99.9% or 100% of game devs are gamers if you like (all the artists, network devs, animators...even directors I've met are game nerds btw) :) but it kinda misses the point, which was a response to :

I was responding to you saying they are ALL gamers nothing else !

Back
Top Bottom