Jordan Peterson thread

Soldato
Suprised there isn't a thread on this already.

Cathy gets obliterated. Some moments were absolutely painful to watch. Wonder if she still has her job.after the way she behaved.

Man of Honour
Yes it's in one of the threads here. She does indeed get run over in that video. Shortly afterwards C4 tried to portray her as a victim of people threatening her and sending abuse. But apparently it was a small handful of threats compared to many, many, many more directed at Jordan. So she even lost that narrative too. I bet her colleagues really won't let her forget it :)

Soldato
OP
Yes it's in one of the threads here. She does indeed get run over in that video. Shortly afterwards C4 tried to portray her as a victim of people threatening her and sending abuse. But apparently it was a small handful of threats compared to many, many, many more directed at Jordan. So she even lost that narrative too. I bet her colleagues really won't let her forget it :)

Yeah. I heard about that too. Absolutely disgusting.

Sgarrista
Commissario
As I put on facebook:

Jordan Peterson is by one and far the most clinical and collected speakers around. When you stop trying to be offended by what he says, and listen to the message he is conveying you can understand why the self-entitled are so eager to have him removed.

Everything he says is very thoughtfully and very carefully put forward, yet Cathy Newman try to twist everything he says to an agenda, one which he doesn't have so she falls flat on her face. The silence at 23:00 says it all, she actually listened to what the message was, and it left her lost for words. Ultimately his message, in my opinion, is people need to be responsible for their own progression through life, you can't expect to have it handed to you or made easy for you, which is completely against the grain of current society where every person is told they are unique, special and will be whatever they want to be when they grow up, what the message is failing to convey is you can be whatever you want to be, as long as you put the effort in.

Its called personal responsibility, no one is going to do it for you and the amount of people that get in the real world and are surprised that they have to work it out themselves baffles me.

Caporegime
He basically drops brutal pills all over the place that are hard for a small minority to swallow, I don’t think the percentage of people who believe they should get offered it all on a plate or because they’re a minority in some way is that high, it’s just that they’re extremely vocal and don’t stop trying to get people outed from positions like his.

Man of Honour
I've been watching his stuff for quite some time now and there are very few things he says that I disagree with. He explains it so well that I just sit there realising he's right. Cathy's mistake was that she had an agenda while Jordan had years and years of logic, reasoning and debate against equally combatative people. She was simply out of her depth but didn't realise it until in the interview.

Soldato
I've seen the interview and I think he has some very good points and very strong arguments, I also bought his book on the back of it,

I think he adds much needed balance to the debate, which is a healthy thing.

Sgarrista
Commissario
Anyone got a tldr for the video l? A tldw of you like

Someone who promotes self-progression through life obliterates someone who shouts that if something isn't easy, the bar should be lowered to make it easier for people.

Or if you want it in picture form.

26993225_10155399677384370_8643186819578840286_n.jpg

Soldato
This wouldn't be the first time a UK evening news presenter has been aggressive in their agenda and questioning. Hell, it even happens on Sunday morning politics shows. I find it in pretty bad taste tbh. IIRC it was one of the things Robert Preston said he was keen to get away from when he took on his show at ITV.

Soldato
Also been following him for a while and really like a lot of what he has to say. In that interview above Cainer has posted (Though I think there's a 2 hour version) he makes reference to the "gotcha moment" and that he didn't view it as a win, rather that it should have been a launching off point for an actual conversion rather than a point scoring battle where rather than conceding a point she simply makes a lateral move and changes the subject, i.e. tell us about the lobster.

Man of Honour
Anyone have any links to him being interviewed/challenged by someone who's actually competent at it?

He's a very good speaker and makes some good points but her stock "So what you're saying is..." response really makes this hard to watch, and doesn't really challenge him at all. All he really has to do in this debate is wait for her to respond and point out that her oversimplification isn't what he said. She loses this debate and all he had to do was not rise to the bait.

Soldato
Anyone have any links to him being interviewed/challenged by someone who's actually competent at it?

He's a very good speaker and makes some good points but her stock "So what you're saying is..." response really makes this hard to watch, and doesn't really challenge him at all. All he really has to do in this debate is wait for her to respond and point out that her oversimplification isn't what he said. She loses this debate and all he had to do was not rise to the bait.
It depends how patient you are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8TDbXO6dkk

Pretty dry but certainly better than their first meeting where they couldn't move past the definition of truth.

Soldato
Anyone got a tldr for the video l? A tldw of you like

Roughly he is saying that emotionally and physically men and women are hardwired differently and both have different fundamental ideas/desires nd needs particularly as to what produces happiness and success in the workplace. He says tgst the totalitarian and authotitarian lefties organise themselves and ultimately societies by group identity politics rather than personal individualism and merit. He likens us to lobster saying that humans directly evolved from them and by studying them we can learn best ways to organise socities into heirerchal domains. He also compares trans people to Mao stating that if given the right environment they would kill millions of people as it's all the same philosophy they follow. Which I do agree with.

In other words women should stay the kitchen baking cakes and singing lullabys to the kids.

Caporegime
Cathy Newman showing her intelect...

(ive still not worked out how to put vids on this new forum lol)

jeeze... that is particularly cringeworthy!

here you go for the embedded version:

(there is a little film reel icon you can click on when making a post, just paste the URL in there - works for Facebook and youtube vids)

Back
Top Bottom