*** Phanteks EVOLV Owners Thread ***

Associate
Hi guys, I've currently building in an Evolv ATX TG, and I have a few noobie questions. I'm using 6x120mm Corsair ML fans (3 front/3 top), I notice the case has a built in fanhub, I've never used a hub before, should I use it even though all the fans are PWM? It would be useful for the tidyness aspect. What's the proper way to mount 120mm fans into the front? Since they obviously don't reach the holes that the stock 140mm's are in.

Thanks in advance.

Associate
Have just finished building a system in the Evolv Toughened glass edition. What a nice enclosure and great value for money. Was surprised to find the front panel was a thick slab of aluminium.

Regarding the cooling issues that some of you have had... I'm cooling with just three Noctua Chromax Black 140mm fans. Two at the front and one rear. No fans on the top. CPU cooling is thanks to the Noctua NH-D15S with Chromax Black heat sink covers.

No issues at all cooling despite the limited vents around the front cover. CPU temp is very low, motherboard temps, VRM, PCH are all low. Graphics card is same temp it was in my old system and in fact removing the front panel makes no difference to temps at all. What does make a difference is boosting case fans to max RPM, but even then temp only reduces by three degrees.

Certainly seems like the airflow issues with this enclosure are confined to radiators, either AIO or custom loop.

Regarding the modifications some of you mention to front panel and top cover. There certainly are companies around who will cut the panels for you, but just to mention, I understand that great success can be had cutting aluminium panels with a 1/2 inch router. Simply a case of making a jig out of wood to guide the router. Aluminium being soft, it cuts quite well, akin to a professional job.

Associate
Don't think I can say where this is from unless OCUK start reselling them but it looks like there may be a non-DIY option for top cover soon ..

image.jpg
:O I wanna do this to my front and top panel! but don't have tools or know anyone local who'd do it. If only OCuk could it for me since all my parts are from them

Associate
Small apology. I do see a temp difference with the D15. Not much, but a difference all the same.

Minus 3 degrees with the front panel removed and minus 2 degrees with just the top removed.

Nothing significant.

Soldato
The white and black mATX versions are discounted this week, but not the grey which is the one I want! May have to send OcUK a webnote and see if they'd match it for me if I'm buying some other components at the same time.

Associate
Good afternoon Gents,

I have had this case for a while now, I have had my last 3 builds installed in the same case as I absolutely love it, however I recently installed a threadripper system with a designare ex board, and the top standoff seems to be slightly off height wise, it will screw in and the board is not being forced in any way, but compared to the boards with no backplates that have been installed in the same case, it is strange. I doubt the pcb is crooked due to the backplate but I cannot figure out what could be pushing it out on that area.

Cheers!

Associate
I wanted to get my panels cut by abrasive water jet, but the company closest to me had pretty bad customer service and wanted to charge me £360 to cut ONE panel and demanded .dxf drawings, even though their site said they would convert any sketches into CAD drawings on their systems.

So I've decided against it and I am going to stick to removing the dust filters at the top and spacing out the top panel to allow heat to escape, and make the rear case fan an intake with a dust filter on it.

Associate
I wanted to get my panels cut by abrasive water jet, but the company closest to me had pretty bad customer service and wanted to charge me £360 to cut ONE panel and demanded .dxf drawings, even though their site said they would convert any sketches into CAD drawings on their systems.

So I've decided against it and I am going to stick to removing the dust filters at the top and spacing out the top panel to allow heat to escape, and make the rear case fan an intake with a dust filter on it.
I have a Waterjet 4 minutes from me and a Laser Cut 15 minutes from me and they both say - the issue is that my case is Anodized in Black, so is not guaranteed it will come out without damage.....

Associate
I have had my case since Nov 2016 and I am mostly happy with it but there was always a humming noise which was annoying me. The case is sat on top of my wooden desk.
I have the original phantek case fans that came with the case along with a Corsair H100i V2 mounted on the front. Last week I ordered new fans the the 140mm exhaust on the back of the case and 2 120mm fans for the rad thinking they were causing the problem.
I fitted the fans today and I have the same noise despite fitting rubber washers between the fans the the rad and the rubber connectors for the exhaust fan.
I have just took the side door off(perspex window version) and the noise has gone....... :(
The case is whisper quiet without the door on :confused::confused:
I notice there is foam round where the door sits against the case but the noise is coming from the H100i pump (cant hear it with door open) and being transferred to the perspex door via the little ball catches on the case door.
Has anyone else had similar issues ?
Cheers.

*Edit, Typo

Last edited:
Associate
I have had my case since Nov 2016 and I am mostly happy with it but there was always a humming noise which was annoying me. The case is sat on top of my wooden desk.
I have the original phantek case fans that came with the case along with a Corsair H100i V2 mounted on the front. Last week I ordered new fans the the 140mm exhaust on the back of the case and 2 120mm fans for the rad thinking they were casing the problem.
I fitted the fans today and I have the same noise despite fitting rubber washers between the fans the the rad and the rubber connectors for the exhaust fan.
I have just took the side door off(perspex window version) and the noise has gone....... :(
The case is whisper quiet without the door on :confused::confused:
I notice there is foam round where the door sits against the case but the noise is coming from the H100i pump (cant hear it with door open) and being transferred to the perspex door via the little ball catches on the case door.
Has anyone else had similar issues ?
Cheers.

Yep I have the same. Even swapped my aio for air cooler due to this but still get some noise. The door seems to be the problem for me as well.

Luckily I have my case on the floor under the table so can’t hear it when I’m using it as have the tv on as well when I’m at my pc. If I’m trying to sleep and have left the pc on I can hear it from across the room.

Associate
Glad it's not just me then. I can't believe I spent £40 on new fans. :D
Well today I unscrewed the screws holding the perspex in the door and took the perspex out. I put the door back on and no vibration.
Tomorrow I'm going to put a small bead of silicone (clear) around where the perspex sits in the door and let that go off, see if that helps.
I can't leave the door off, the blue LED's are blinding me lol :cool::cool::D

Associate
Well I added the silicone and it certainly helps.
I think they should have added more screw points to secure the perspex better.

YHN9SLf.jpg

When I took the perspex out and lay it down on a flat surface to apply the silicone I noticed it was not flat and very twisted. See how it goes in the next few weeks. Definitely better for the time being.

4cf2ZuR.jpg

NUyoNui.jpg

UJCIfIE.jpg

e03jJyZ.jpg

When the silicone has gone off I will go round the inside with a Stanley blade and cut the splurge off. There is a lip on the other side which was nice as it stopped the silicone coming out on the front side of the panel.

Associate
Not a bad idea. I always thought it was the Perspex as it’s not very solid and had a lot of give in in. Also got my nephew a p400s glass and it does not hum. Wish I had paid the extra £30 for the glass version as it looks great on his p400s.

Don’t think I’ll bother trying to fix mine as I have the fans on a little more now anyway to keep my 2700x under 60 so it boost higher and my 1080 has some coil whine so it’s not silent when gaming anyway.

Associate
I actually thought I was buying the glass door version but I ordered the wrong version and after I drove back from OCUK picking up my build parts and got home I realized it was the wrong one but liked it anyway and stuck with it :D

Back
Top Bottom