Circular Saw for DIY

Associate
I've got 1 of these cordless DeWALT DCS391N - Circular saw - 460 W - 165 mm with a 5AH battery.

I love this bit of kit. Can't recommend it enuff

51117_1.jpg

Soldato
Another vote for the Rage. I've got RAGE3FP2552 255mm, didn't see the need for double bevel as can just turn wood around.

Seems pretty solid so far, and bought the evolution saw stand too.

Soldato
Yeah, swapping the wood round is probably quicker by the time you've undone/redone the screws to flip the saw round

I do agree with Bad Boi above, a cordless circular saw is excellent and that Dewalt is great as long as you have big batteries.

I do sometimes wonder if i wished i also had a cordless 18v mitre saw but it's in a weird bracket. I can't justify having 2 mitre saws but at the same time the i don't think i could go back to a 184mm saw blade after using a 255mm.

Soldato
I've got the rage 3 fixed mitre saw which is good for cutting most thin sections, ends of engineered wood floor etc.

When it comes to lengths of wood over 400mm tho need a jigsaw or free hand disc saw also. I recently pick up an 18v cordless mitre saw and tbh its pretty much superseded the rage... (can do everything it does and more.. The rage 3 is easier/simpler to cut straight lengths however.

Its also a ******* to change the blades on the rage 3! I think I picked up the rage 3 for about £50 as a refurb on ebay.

Soldato
@Marvt74 I got the
Makita DSS611Z LXT 18V Circular Saw 165mm
(£96.99 GBP body only)

Then bought this blade for really fine cuts (so that I dont chip the end melamine panels on kitchen, its really smooth cuts
Freud TCT Circular Saw Blade 160 x 20mm 48T £41.99

Unfortunately i only read about how best to cut wood after id done a fair bit of the kitchen and the rest of the house!

I updated previous post also

Soldato
Ah i misread your post. I thought you'd bought a cordless mitre saw (i.e like the Rage3 but 18v)

I too have a cordless circular saw (like the Dewalt posted above) and i agree it's replaced my Rage3 for most things just because i don't have to arse around with extention leads.

Back
Top Bottom