Monster Hunter World (PS4, XB1, PC)

Associate
Just got to high rank, and made some diabos armour for that sweet ko damage. Just getting used to the sweet spots for knocking out monsters again and it’s going well.

Any other hammer users about?

Soldato
Just picked this up last night and made my character etc, cant wait to get some time to sit down and play . once I get into it would be good to join some of you as I'll probably need assistance haha is there a group or anything ?

Soldato
Came up against a monster that was a bit of a challenge last night so have decided to start crafting a set of armour! I'm just going with the Barroth (I think) set as it has good armour and better defence against lightning which seems to be the current monsters thing! I guess this is the right idea, hit a wall, grind for better stuff to get over sed wall and continue?

May also get my long sword upgraded to water damage as I guess that will be strong against him?

Soldato
I'm on the main Anjanath quest. He's kicking my arse. I've gone back to the armor and I am also looking at higher defenses. My bone armor looks cool I don't want to wear anything else!

Associate
I haven't tried to capture one yet. Not sure how to tbh :p
You beat up the monster as you normally would until it looks like it's limping and it hobbles back to its lair to rest.
Then while it is resting you setup a shock trap to stun it and while standing next to it you throw a couple of tranq bombs (or if you have a weapon that uses ammo you can use tranq ammo).

Soldato
You beat up the monster as you normally would until it looks like it's limping and it hobbles back to its lair to rest.
Then while it is resting you setup a shock trap to stun it and while standing next to it you throw a couple of tranq bombs (or if you have a weapon that uses ammo you can use tranq ammo).
That is so cool :D I've seen this on YouTube don't the captured monsters end up back at like the main camp too ? Think I'll definitely do this a few times !

Soldato

Cheers I'll look into it. I have a quest where it asks me to do some trapping but I always just end up hitting them until they're dead. Or in my case, them hitting me until I am dead.

Associate
I'm on the main Anjanath quest. He's kicking my arse. I've gone back to the armor and I am also looking at higher defenses. My bone armor looks cool I don't want to wear anything else!
You can upgrade your armour by using armour spheres to bring the defence up if you want to keep the bone stuff. Just upgrade armour at the smith and you’ll be able to use them there.

Soldato
Yeah I've maxed out the bone armor using the spheres. I've noticed that the later sets start at higher def etc then let you upgrade further. The Anjanath is one shotting me in its second phase. I probably just need to learn how to avoid it :)

Associate
Yes, when you capture a monster you'll be able to see if resting somewhere back at the base (never looked so unsure where the monster storage is).
I don't think it stores them all there at once as it'll end up like an overcrowded zoo, I haven't checked but I imagine it's just the last monster you caught.

I believe I saw somewhere that you get more resources from the monster when you capture it than you would from killing.

Soldato

Would be nice if it had a system like Diablo 3 where you can keep the appearance of a piece of armour that you like, but change the stats to a better piece

Soldato

To be honest I would just upgrade the bone with spheres. It resistant to fire which he spews and it's 2 star with demon which is one of his ailments. I think I pumped it up to 14 defense then I did it with my mate. The biggest difference was actually just understanding it's patterns.

Soldato
OP
Anjanath's a dick no doubt! I turned a corner with his attack patterns and did him twice on an expedition last night - it's all about staying at his side and going for the head/tail. And a little luck with where you end up fighting helps too. If you do a charged hammer attack while sliding down a hill towards him you do an insane multiple hit spinning move and end up mounted on his back. Brutal!

Back
Top Bottom