OcUK HQ Motors Meet - Saturday 3rd March 2018

Soldato
Don't go out with me then, I will fail. :D :D :D

Only one way to find out... and I get to passenger in a car I have my eye on to boot. Been considering a Porsche 997, F-Type, 240i etc for next year when my Superb lease is up. I want to buy cash and have an asset at the end this time. Your call mate but I'd still appreciate the ride whether you want me to keep my gob shut or not. :p

Edited to fix my fat fingered typo.

OcUK Staff
Only one way to find out... and I get to passenger in a car I have my eye on to boot. Been considering a Porsche 997, F-Type, 240i etc for next year when my Superb lease is up. I want to buy cash and have an asset at the end this time. Your call mate but I'd still appreciate the ride whether you want me to keep my gob shut or not. :p

Edited to fix my fat fingered typo.

Yeah no problem buddy, will take you out. :)

Soldato
Advanced driving is a book in itself (literally), but in this instance I was thinking something similar to the teaching I provide on the weekends to RoSPA members. A (quiet) assessment of the driver's current abilities and flaws, and then pointing out where they could make the drive smoother, faster, easier and (of course) safer into the bargain. Usually changing brake points and gear shifts and being more progressive on the power, better cornering lines, keeping the vehicle balanced properly and making use of its power and characteristics etc etc. I'm a RoSPA Gold and RoADAR approved advanced driving instructor if that counts. :p Just a bit of fun really but if anyone wants to take me up on it there's no charge (obviously) and it's still a blast out down some country lanes. Two birds, one stone, etc etc.
If I can make it I'd be interested in this!

Soldato
Advanced driving is a book in itself (literally), but in this instance I was thinking something similar to the teaching I provide on the weekends to RoSPA members. A (quiet) assessment of the driver's current abilities and flaws, and then pointing out where they could make the drive smoother, faster, easier and (of course) safer into the bargain. Usually changing brake points and gear shifts and being more progressive on the power, better cornering lines, keeping the vehicle balanced properly and making use of its power and characteristics etc etc. I'm a RoSPA Gold and RoADAR approved advanced driving instructor if that counts. :p Just a bit of fun really but if anyone wants to take me up on it there's no charge (obviously) and it's still a blast out down some country lanes. Two birds, one stone, etc etc.

Very much up for that :)

Associate
Might come along if I'm not working that weekend. Tempted by Rainmaker's offer, I've been working on the RoSPA riding standard and it'd be interesting to see how much of it has affected my driving.

Lexus GS 450h, or maybe some sort of Italian bike if either of them decide to work that day.

Could do it if someone wants to convoy up from Peterborough or surrounding area, as it's a boring two hour trip otherwise :p
Sure, although I'd be taking the slightly more interesting non-motorway route.

Back
Top Bottom