USB 3 PCI-E Card

Soldato
Can anyone recommend a USB3 card for my rift/sensors? I have a bug wereby my USB controller on my asus haswell board malfunctions...which really bugs me.

I'm assuming the rift would have no issues with an extension card.

Associate
The Inateck card is the cheapest recommended card
There's also Startech PEXUSB3S44V and HighPoint RU1144D cards with dedicated 5Gbps channels but they're more expensive
The Inateck cards seem to work well for a lot of people, but I ended up forking out for the Startech after having some issues

Last edited:
Soldato
I use the Inateck KTU3FR-502U Superspeed 7 ports PCI-E to USB 3.0 and it works beautifully.

Worth pointing out though that with the inateck drivers I had some errors showing on my rift sensors... just using th standard windows drivers and the error notes went away.

Associate
i got 2 inatek ones, performance was ok but shared bus u did get issues now and again, since upgrading to the startech ive had no issues with rift and 3 sensors, just make sure u get one with the 4 dedicated ports

Associate
I picked up the EkoBuy 4-Port PCI-E to USB 3.0 as it didn't require internal SATA power connections and was the same price as the inatek one. Works just fine for my rift running the 2 sensors and HMD USB. Didn't install anything, just let windows 10 do it's thing.

Permabanned
So the startec cards are the ones to get for hassle free comparability?
The Startech PEXUSB3S44V is expensive but hassle free. Requires a x4 PCI-E slot, make sure you have x4 available within the motherboard manual. It has 4 dedicated USB 3.0 controllers unlike other cards that only have 1 or 2.

Associate
I bought the fresco logic one... but...

it shows in device manager but nothing works when plugged in to it... any ideas? tried reinstalling the drivers.. tried uninstalling and trying them again and nothing..

any of you clever guys able to help an old man in need??

Associate
Are you using the Fresco Logic drivers or the Windows (10, ideally) default ones? Did you hook up a molex or SATA connection for power? (not strictly needed, but advisable anyway)

Back
Top Bottom