Laptop Without A Camera

Associate
Inbuilt cameras seem to be a standard nowadays, but are there any laptops that do not have an inbuilt camera?

For reasons I dont want to go into, I may need to buy one, and it cant be a case of simply disabling or uninstalling the camera driver, it needs to not have one at all.

Budget is depending on spec but less than £1000, I would need at least 8GB RAM and an SSD. It wouldnt be used for gaming, more for work and personal use (watching media etc).

Associate
OP
Thank you for the quick replies, I agree the custom route may be the best, I have had Lenovo laptops before and whilst I feel they are quite expensive (and a little retro looking) found them to be reliable and sturdy.

I am also looking at the Asus Pro B9440UA, 14" with 8GB RAM and SSD for around £850-£900, which looks very nice also.

Man of Honour
Find one thats easy to remove the bezel and take the camera module out.

Not sure whether the OP is just about privacy reasons but some industries have a stipulation for personal devices (if you want to bring one into certain areas, etc.) where it needs to not have a camera as standard not just removed/disabled :s (which also has implications for mobile phones, etc.).

Bit silly in a way though I can understand them not wanting the extra complication of vetting a device on a case by case basis but then you can get variants of a device where the camera is actually present despite supposedly not being as standard, etc.

Soldato
A good option might be to contact one of the resellers of Dell stock, there was one we used to use which might break the no competitor rule, but they always had stock of new latitudes without webcams.
I assume they were all orders that got cancelled, and bought up by this place.

Man of Honour
ThinkPad configured without a camera. Or buy a used one a d remove it (Thinkpads are user serviceable). Or buy the new T480 when it's launched shortly as it has sliding camera cover.

But are you planning to keep the mic?

Back
Top Bottom