• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Asus P8P67 and 2500

Associate
Hi running an i5 2500 would a change to any of the other cpu's give me a worth while step up with this board?
I just game/surf mostly running a GTX970 on pants W10 64bit 16gig of ram getting pretty decent FPS on ultra in BF4 upto 200 fps do get occasional frame drop .
Cpu is max @ 41.c temps seen a few other cpu's inc 2500k and 2600k i7 also found a 4 something

Associate
If it is working for you currently then no problems.

Only game I found a 2500K even when clocked couldn't cut it was BF1, just ran out of puff when things got really busy.

A 3770K would be a obvious step up but they are not cheap 2nd hand.

Associate
You can find a 2600K or 2700K for chump change in Canada. Not sure what the situation is in the UK. You would gain 2MB of L3 cache and hyperthreading. It would be better, but not waaaay better. For that you'd want to step up to coffee lake or Ryzen.

If you haven't already, overclock the snot out of your 2500K. See if it'll do 4.8Ghz (most will). You'll need decent cooling.

Associate
OP
Hi no just Vanilla/cooking version! but found many K's but found some next step up i5's like 3670 along with i7's just wondered if a lot more bang for buck plus which one as well.

Cooling wise have a custom loop thick 360 rad in case roof gets upto 41c max in games @100%

Back
Top Bottom