BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Hifly tyres? On an M3?

ffs.gif

Man of Honour
Why waste what must be at least £15,000 on a car if it does so little for you you'd genuinely rather just take a van out at the weekend?

Bizarre.

Soldato
The thing that surprised me most when I first got mine was how easy it is to spin the rear wheels on a greasy surface during an overtake. It is scary, even with Michelin PS2's which aren't bad tyres.

The Hifly tyres cost £54 each - they must be phenomenally bad. Goodyears which are a performance bargain cost £140 ish, CSC6's cost about £160 each and MP4S cost around £190 each.

Soldato
Why else would you put crap tyres on ?

Ignorance.

I have gone through it with him a dozen of times but he aint bothered.

Why waste what must be at least £15,000 on a car if it does so little for you you'd genuinely rather just take a van out at the weekend?

Bizarre.

Easy done. Just don't have the time for them atm, especially in the winter.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The thing that surprised me most when I first got mine was how easy it is to spin the rear wheels on a greasy surface during an overtake. It is scary, even with Michelin PS2's which aren't bad tyres.

The Hifly tyres cost £54 each - they must be phenomenally bad. Goodyears which are a performance bargain cost £140 ish, CSC6's cost about £160 each and MP4S cost around £190 each.

Even MPS 4S spin the rears if there's a whiff of moisture on ground (although they are considerably better than all previous MPS road tyres!) you go for an early gear overtake, or join a junction when you spot a small gap but plenty safe with the power at hand. Sometimes it's just easier to enable M-Track mode which allows for the extra slip and doesn't anchor away all power when I know it will be of use for those bits of driving, then turn it off again. MDM for the E92 I guess.

Associate
I’m going to see a 2002 E46 M3 individual Silverstone blue manual with 70,000 miles with FSH. From what I’ve gathered on the phone it has a few issues including a knock from the rear drivers side suspension over bumps. Some rust on the front drivers wing. Bubbling of one wing mirror. It’s also due an oil service. My impression is he’s wanting to get rid before spending any more on it. He’s asking £11k, interested to know how much people think it’s worth?

Back
Top Bottom