.... turn out the light..

Man of Honour
th_tumbleweed.gif

Man of Honour
Funny earlier I was thinking it is around 10 years since I last did anything along these lines - stopped doing any folding and SETI, etc. when I upgraded to the Q9550 which was released around March 2008.

MGP

MGP

Soldato
I think this is more a reference to the complete lack of posts this year so far, when a select few were so vociferous last year cajoling everyone to new heights in Formula Boinc amongst other stuff. This year has started off with little more than a whimper. Perhaps that we moved to league 1 in FB means people have to look elsewhere for competition, as achieving a good rank is out of the question? Perhaps people were enticed by the thought of a few coinage and have switched to mining? For myself, I'm simply saving my electric bill and everything is now "not on".

Associate
Sorry to hear of your sad new Biffa, cancer is a terrible disease. I'm very sorry to say that as i've long since had any spare hardware to fold/boinc with i've not visited these forums as much as I should have. I have since now got some spare hardware to donate to the cause but I came into this forum to see that it was very quiet and unsure as to where to devote it to. I've currently just got a folding client running on one DL380 gen8 with 2 x E5-2640v2 and 64GB of RAM but after this weekend i'll have 3 of these machines spare. Don't what people are doing so it would be good to have some input?

B

Soldato
That is sad to hear Biffa. :(

I have just switched out the second 970 for a 1070 now so i am mining+ f@h on a 1070+1060 now vs 970+1060 before, so hopefully my ppd will see a nice boost. I have found that folding and mining at the same time seem to have little impact on each other so i'm doing the best of both on my nvidia cards.

Soldato
Sorry to hear that Biffa. I think a lot of the quietness is due to lack of news :( sorry guys, what I think I'll start doing is posting a very high level news post each Thursday, along with an update on my progress with the news scripts. At least that way it will be a reminder to me that I need to progress this and also somewhere where we can place our personal updates.

Back
Top Bottom