Recommend wireless or Bluetooth headphones

Soldato
Looking for a pair of wireless or bluetooth headphones for pairing with my denon 2400H AV.

Will mainly be for watching movies at night. Budget is upto £200. Possibly more if it can be justified.

Any recommendations would be welcome.

Associate
I've really enjoyed using B&W P5 wireless headphones - if you can find them on sale / in an airport / abroad they'd be in budget but are £230 at UK retail.

Associate
Looking for a pair of wireless or bluetooth headphones for pairing with my denon 2400H AV.

Will mainly be for watching movies at night. Budget is upto £200. Possibly more if it can be justified.

Any recommendations would be welcome.

Happy to be proven wrong but I don't think the 2400 can transmit Bluetooth to wireless headphones? Think might need a Bluetooth transmitter adapter thing for your headphone out port? Was having a little look around myself recently!

Soldato
OP
Mmm... not something I'd thought of. I assumed the newer av units would automatically support Bluetooth /wireless headphones.

Add a dongle to the list in that case.

Soldato
i've got the 175's and they are excellent. Highly recommended.
Talk to me. Very interested in these as they are now £175 and look like what I'm looking for. Is there any Sonic difference between optical/analogue inputs? I will be watching movies and gaming on them so really want something exciting and immersive with good bass response.

Associate
Picked them up this afternoon. Only given them a quick test but so far I am very impressed with them.
Sound quality is excellent, & comfortable to wear.
Time will tell how comfortable once I watch a decent length film with them on.
There great cans i love mine. Don't really use them for music mainly movies and the added bass is a bonus if you want it but i have it turned off

Man of Honour
Would you pick these over version 2 for £320?
It depends whether money is an issue. The v2 apparently has more adaptive noise cancelling, some say marginally better sound quality (I'm not sure whether that is just a placebo effect), marginally better battery life (but both are great) and shouldn't have the headband cracking issue of the v1.

I'm on a budget (still haven't bought yet) so v2 is above my budget and I can't consider them. v1 is definitely far better value. But if money isn't an issue then I would get the v2 simply because it's better in a few places.

v1 seems to be up to £229 now.

Caporegime
I think the only substantial improvement is the battery life. I’ve got the V1 and battery life isn’t an issue so to me £100 in my pocket is much more valuable than charging slightly less often.

Back
Top Bottom