31.5" 2560x1440 165 Hz VA G-Sync - LG 32GK850G

Associate
Finally got mine today, Its really quite huge an immersive. Blacks are better than IPS and no glow at all. No BLB or anything like that. Only big downer for me is the sharpness of text. Text is much more blurry than on my old 27inch 1440p but the size trade off is worth it.

Soldato
which model jubei? I assume by your current monitor you're not asking about 32GK850G ?

Actually i am :) My eyes are really not doing me any favours with the 34" as it is the same ppi as my 27" 1440p and i just cant read the text easily on it. I want to change to 1440p on a 32" 16:9 lol.

I'm not sold on ultrawide, i don't really play 1 players so it must be lost on me. I don't find it immersive at all really, its too narrow vertically for me...i want bigger :|

Permabanned
Finally got mine today, Its really quite huge an immersive. Blacks are better than IPS and no glow at all. No BLB or anything like that. Only big downer for me is the sharpness of text. Text is much more blurry than on my old 27inch 1440p but the size trade off is worth it.

Two arm lengths. I think it might be windows. Games look sharp at 1440p to be honest. I think something is really wrong with my windows install and clear type does nothing at all!

It is not only Windows, for sure. It is just that this size is too big for this resolution in order to expect sharp text.

Associate
Who manufactured the panel in this monitor?
AUO
The panel model visible in the service menu is: AUO_M315DVR01_LGE_BL
One US buyer had it open when he powered up the monitor first time.

@Daniel - LG
Do you happen to know how to enter service menu on this monitor? Reviewers would like to verify the panel information but it's not visible in the standard OSD.

Soldato
That's really disappointing that LG didn't create the panel, I hope the flaws in the recent high-end, gaming, AUO panels don't follow through into this one. Hopefully, being that it's a VA and not an IPS, it'll fare better.

Associate
That's really disappointing that LG didn't create the panel, I hope the flaws in the recent high-end, gaming, AUO panels don't follow through into this one.
It's actually free of any uniformity issues or backlight bleed. Everyone who bought it in US confirmed that. The german reviewer Lim and dutch reviewer hardware.info aswell. AUO did some good QC here.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's actually free of any uniformity issues or backlight bleed. Everyone who bought it in US confirmed that. The german reviewer Lim and dutch reviewer hardware.info aswell. AUO did some good QC here.

That's good to hear! I'd expect reviewer samples to be perfect, they always are, but if your average person is reporting good quality then that's great.

Associate
That's good to hear! I'd expect reviewer samples to be perfect, they always are, but if your average person is reporting good quality then that's great.

I don't think LG cherry picked the review sample(s) sent to the hardware.info guys. Quoting from their review:
If we take a look at our measurements, we see that 0.11 cd/m2 measurement comes from the upper left corner. In practice this is unnoticeable. We also requested a second sample, and that one does not have this deviation - in the upper left corner we measure 0.6 cd/m2. The samples that we had for this test, were very earlier models, that already had to endure quite a lot. On the first sample we found a scratch in the upper left part of the panel where we measured the slightly higher black value - it's not improbable that it suffered a blow on that spot, which has not left the diffuser intact.

They actually got some older, "used up" models :D

Edit: Forgot to mention. The german reviewer bought the monitor on his own.

Associate
Now you had a day with it, how's the monitor?

To put it straight up compared to my awful IPS with blue bleeding blacks - Honestly, the blacks haven't impressed me like I had hoped however for a gaming display and monitor I think the black levels suffice. Compared to my IPS the blacks are awesome, compared to my old ks7000 they are awful. Everything else however is good. BLB is minimum on the bottom bezel. I love the LED ring and size. I will be keeping. Last thing to note is that Lims cave mentioned that you get VA glow - This is true but it is no where near as annoying as IPS glow.

Overall the best all round gaming display I think you can get IMHO.

Associate
Just to add to that - Brightness set to 5/100 as my room is dark. Gamma mode on 3. Black stabilizer is off. OC to 165 was a easy reboot and working. Colour shift is over hyped and I don't notice loss of details on the edges. Overall the colours are a nice and natural not like the Amoled of my Note 8 :D.

Overall a 9/10. Very happy.

Associate
Back
Top Bottom