Anyone got a 1440p that overclocks?

Associate
Both my Dells overclock to 75 Hz no problems, but I don't because I worry about straining the components, I have a Dell U2515H and a Dell P2717H, both of which are 1440p IPS. I do use them more for Productivity than gaming though.

They also both have VESA mounts, and are fab in my opinion, but depends what you are using them for inevitably.

Martin

Associate
OP
Thanks for the info Martin!

The ability to get to 75hz is essential for me as the monitor is to be used for a virtual pinball table, 60hz just won't do! :)
Daz

Associate
OP
Why don't you get a 144hz? The PG279Q for example, 27", 1440p, IPS, Gsync, 165hz.

Its too expensive. I already run an X34a on my main rig but this monitor is to be used for a virtual pinball table im building, i'm trying to keep costs down as the project is beginning to become quite expensive.

Associate
OP
Found a nice Hanns G 1440p IPS which states its refresh rate is 60hz, but maximum refresh is 75hz Horiz - 80 hz Vert. Think i am going to gamble that I can run it stable with the overclock in place.

Associate
Found a nice Hanns G 1440p IPS which states its refresh rate is 60hz, but maximum refresh is 75hz Horiz - 80 hz Vert. Think i am going to gamble that I can run it stable with the overclock in place.

I'm looking at the same monitor, let me know how it worked out if you bought it.

Associate
OP
I'm looking at the same monitor, let me know how it worked out if you bought it.

A guy at work said he had a bad experience with a Hannspree in the past and it put me off a bit. The monitor was to be used for a geek project virtual pinball table so in the end I bought an Asus Vc279 1080P thing. It does the job quite nice although it only manages to go to 66hz before going out of range, I suppose it's just the luck of the draw.

Associate
Both my Dells overclock to 75 Hz no problems, but I don't because I worry about straining the components, I have a Dell U2515H and a Dell P2717H, both of which are 1440p IPS. I do use them more for Productivity than gaming though.

They also both have VESA mounts, and are fab in my opinion, but depends what you are using them for inevitably.

Martin

I have a Dell U2715H and have never even heard of monitor overclocking. I doubt I would ever want to but out of curiosity how is it achieved - just settings windows refresh rate higher or using nvidia app etc?

Associate
I have a Dell U2715H and have never even heard of monitor overclocking. I doubt I would ever want to but out of curiosity how is it achieved - just settings windows refresh rate higher or using nvidia app etc?

Yes, Use the Nvidia Control Panel and set a custom profile,. in the custom window leave the resolution untouched and set the resolution to say 75hz. you can then test it with the app returning to 60hz in 15 seconds if it doesn't work.

Associate
Just a heads up:

I ended up getting the Hanspree 27" 1440p IPS. It works flawlessly at 75Hz, no dead pixels, overall really satisfied with it (especially for £188)

Back
Top Bottom