New LG monitors

Associate
OP
No Problem, you'll just have the problem of choosing between the 3 new 27" models with HDR! Fixed Stand, Height Adjust, or Height Adjust with USB-C :)

Will the USB-C model have DP and HDMI ports or just USB-C ?

I guess it's a bit early but is there a spec sheet for it ?

Associate
32UD99 will continue, but you are correct in that a 32UK950 will be launched around July with Nano-IPS rather than STD IPS

I think u could be mistaken sir. 32UK950-W, Nano-IPS TB3 monitor is already in several german early offers with mid/end of march availability https://cenowarka.pl/eu/lg-electron...c=uk&hloc=eu&v=e&togglecountry=set#filterform

There is already a complete detailed sheet created 3 weeks ago https://gzhls.at/blob/ldb/4/6/7/f/dd9a49212803b466f75a2cd91dd4847dc3e3.pdf

Someone posted a short clip from looks like a german store or something (LG 32UK950-W bundled with FarCry 5 which also hits march release). There was a wrong demo turned on but its 32UK950: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDROWRp5YIc

Last edited:

Stu

Stu

Soldato
The 34GK950G has a wider colour gamut than the Alienware due to nano-IPS tech, so it should be a better image (in theory), but neither have HDR... I'm not aware of any current or imminent monitors with HDR and Gsync.

Mobster
Soldato
The 34GK950G has a wider colour gamut than the Alienware due to nano-IPS tech, so it should be a better image (in theory), but neither have HDR... I'm not aware of any current or imminent monitors with HDR and Gsync.

Are all games created using the dci-p3 colour space ? if not, and its just srgb then having having nano-ips wont make a blind bit of difference.

Associate
Afternoon - some reported information made me sign up and ask a question rather than my usual lerk in th shadows, stealing all the free info you guys give! For that I owe you all a thanks. Monitor buying is the only thing worse than looking at what new Phone to get.

So to the reported information - Heard the 34GK950G launch has been pushed back to August? I'm REALLY hoping that it's someone’s wild speculation. After a month or so of deliberation, I'd set my mind to wait until 'June' for the LG.....but August argh the Alienware is coming back into the picture.

Has anyone heard the same or conflicting reports?

Cheers,
Matt

Mobster
Soldato
Afternoon - some reported information made me sign up and ask a question rather than my usual lerk in th shadows, stealing all the free info you guys give! For that I owe you all a thanks. Monitor buying is the only thing worse than looking at what new Phone to get.

So to the reported information - Heard the 34GK950G launch has been pushed back to August? I'm REALLY hoping that it's someone’s wild speculation. After a month or so of deliberation, I'd set my mind to wait until 'June' for the LG.....but August argh the Alienware is coming back into the picture.

Has anyone heard the same or conflicting reports?

Cheers,
Matt

I'm not buying into the Nano IPS guff. It can boast DCI-P3 gamut too, but unless a game was created in that colour space, it will default to srgb and that will fill in the blanks. Your Nano IPS will be a simple IPS. Let's say they do, I dont think it will be the full 98%, I'm thinking it will be much lower %. Even UHD only has to display 90%.

I can guarantee you there will be sample video etc showing it off to its full, like what they do with UHD at very high bitrates, take it home and plug up Sky Q and it's really not the same.

Anyway, I'm going off on one. Alienware all the way for me, thats if I can get a decent price.

Back
Top Bottom