Monster Hunter World (PS4, XB1, PC)

Soldato
OP
I'd say it's possible if you completely ignore the story and rush through everything, however I'd also say that it isn't worth it just to get to one special event quest.
Take your time and enjoy the game.

Yup. No way i'd spoil MH for an Horizon quest!

Associate
Where is this quest? I am at HR 8.
The quest you're after is called "Lessons of the Wild".
When you go to your handler or the quest board, it should be under Events.

Completing the quest gives you stuff to make some gear for your Palico friend in the style of something from Horizon Zero Dawn. I believe there'll be a later event quest for more HZD gear for your character as well.

Permabanned
Just bought this for my One X and I am Soooooooooo looking forward to the bairn going to bed so I can have a good go with it. Theres so many 100 hour games on the go at the minute though its a but daunting but,hey, first world problems!

Soldato
I had a similar problem with the Pukei quest, first time around I only had 10 minutes left by the time I found it then ran out of time. Nailed it second try, definitely a lot easier to fight it than find it.

Soldato
OP
heh same. Got myself, cat and hammer all Anja'd up - looks badass. Although the best combo atm is a hybrid of armour types that focuses on stun duration, affinity and fire damage.

Soldato
Just got to be careful of the poison that nearly killed me a couple of times , that and the ajnath that kept intervening

I handled the poison okay I think, I kind of defaulted to Souls tactics like staying behind it or close to the legs. Even when it went airborne having the Insect Glaive meant I could still reach it in most cases, I've become decent at keeping the buffs up so the fight didn't last too long. Anjanath on the other hand, I ran into him while hunting the Kulu Yaka. I tried to just let them fight it out but the Anjanath turned on me -_-

Associate
Poison's not too bad once you start making the more potent antidotes, they get applied quicker and restore health along with the status being cured so no reason not to swap out all the base antidotes.

Spent most of yesterday evening farming parts from Anjanath with a few random groups, got lots of pelts and scales but still need a few more fangs.
Most of the groups were pretty good, though one player did start to annoy me a bit with his horrible timing for causing explosions when we were all close to the monster... it's good that doesn't cause damage.

I've switched from the Charge Blade to the Longsword for my main weapon for a bit, there's just something pleasing about running up the side of a monster and then slamming down a powerful slice on everything in your path.

Soldato
I didn't get the Horizon quest done in the end up, I completely agree with the advice given here on taking my time. I'm glad I did as I'm still very much learning the game, part of why I've avoided groups up until this point. I tend to fight monsters head on at the moment I don't really use traps or any other gadgets, although I'm starting to as I captured my first as part of a quest. Shame about the Horizon quest that Palico gear looks quite nice, maybe it will pop up again at some point. Have the Tobi Kadachi and Anjanath to take care of tonight.

Back
Top Bottom