Katie Hopkins detained in South Africa for spreading racial hatred

Caporegime
You'll note that there are no inverted commas around the allegation in the title of this thread, primarily because I suspect she's 100% guilty of the charge.

Nevertheless, that's opinion so it doesn't really matter. I'm glad this chick got detained and to be frank I hope she gets locked up in a nice woman's prison in Cape Town for good measure. Whilst I agree with what she was saying and support her statement (not her, let's not confuse things) I do think that someone with a bit more decorum would've been more suited to address an issue which is fairly high on the list of reasons why my country is being torn apart.

There's also the obvious fact that even completely detached from this incident I wouldn't pee on her if she was on fire. Anyway. My dislike of this person aside, here's a link:

http://metro.co.uk/2018/02/06/katie...h-africa-for-spreading-racial-hatred-7291198/

Soldato
I am not sure who Katie Hopkins is, but since she was on the Radio4's Today, I suppose I should ask Google;
I had thought she was an ex Apprentice contestant (so blame Alan, is the same manner that OJ simpson was responsible for the Kardasians);
the intelligence she exhibited during the R4 interview did not preclude her being an apprentice.

The R4 interview - ironically she and 250K of her disciples are apparently asking for an anti-trolling bill, following 'attacks' on her son;
since she seems unable to find the off switch and cut the social media feeds causing her this trolling discomfort, cold-turkey in SA detention should definitely solve this first world problem for her.

Caporegime
Kat
I am not sure who Katie Hopkins is, but since she was on the Radio4's Today, I suppose I should ask Google;
I had thought she was an ex Apprentice contestant (so blame Alan, is the same manner that OJ simpson was responsible for the Kardasians);
the intelligence she exhibited during the R4 interview did not preclude her being an apprentice.

The R4 interview - ironically she and 250K of her disciples are apparently asking for an anti-trolling bill, following 'attacks' on her son;
since she seems unable to find the off switch and cut the social media feeds causing her this trolling discomfort, cold-turkey in SA detention should definitely solve this first world problem for her.
Katie price is not Katie Hopkins

Associate

Can't you at least get the right person, It's Katie Price not Hopkins.

Caporegime
Katie is in South Africa to research ‘the violent, ethnic cleansing of white farmers by armed, black gangs’.

‘It’s infuriating, it’s heartbreaking. And the world doesn’t care. Or at least the mainstream media doesn’t care. Do you?’ she wrote on her blog.

Stupid cow. This issue has been covered extensively by the international mainstream media. Has she been living under a rock for the past 10 years?

:rolleyes:

Soldato
She said she was just talking about white farmers and what is being done to them. While the message seems okay on the surface, given who the speaker is i am willing to bet that rather than talking about what led to these events and the vicious circle of violence, she was stirring up racial hatred and adding fuel to the fire - as that just happens to be her brand of work. She pits groups against each other and normally she is given the protection that a native journalist in first world country gets. She was an idiot to try to do it over there, more so given the general state of things.

If she does not deserve this for what she said this time round, she has at least earned being detained at the airport a while from the numerous other things she has said and her general hate journalism.

Soldato
couldn't have happened to a more deserving person.. would be nice to think this might slow her tongue a bit, but i doubt it

B@

Caporegime
Breaking News

I don't give a *bleep* and I doubt the majority of the country cares either.

Let her in, give her a farm, with any luck we never see or hear from that vile creature ever again

Caporegime
Yeah she's pretty vile, then again so are plenty of the high ranking ANC people behind this - I don't think detaining someone because they're reporting on something controversial is a good sign for that country, they're not doing themselves any favours with stuff like that. "Journalists" even if that term is applied rather loosely in this case, ought to have freedom to report on these things without being detained at airports etc.. this is especially important in a country with the sort of levels of corruption that SA has.

While people are understandably enjoying the schadenfreude aspect here, the fact is that this sort of thing could happen to other journalists too... not just the ones who make a career out of being controversial for the sake of it.

Back
Top Bottom