**** The Official OnePlus 5 Thread ****

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
So the red version has been released. I'm gonna buy one for my girlfriend as an early birthday present as she loves red.

Last edited:
Soldato
The Lava red version got delivered today having missed out on the Sandstone White.

It's certainly an eye catching colour. The Oreo update showed up straight away which is a bonus.

Can't wait to start using this phone.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
The Lava red version got delivered today having missed out on the Sandstone White.

It's certainly an eye catching colour. The Oreo update showed up straight away which is a bonus.

Can't wait to start using this phone.
What case you using for the Lava red? I ordered the official red silicone one, but also thinking of grabbing a hard case from Amazon..

Soldato
Very almost picked up a 5T this afternoon... but realised the 6 is out in a few months... I'd be stupid to get one now, right?

Soldato
Very almost picked up a 5T this afternoon... but realised the 6 is out in a few months... I'd be stupid to get one now, right?

I think it will be later Q2 or after before it's around. 5/5T are still superb phones so if your happy to wait do so, but it might be a while.

Soldato
Yep I'm sure I've seen rumours of it being June again.

Totally personal choice, I'm not sure what the 5t would sell for 2nd hand once the 6 is out.

Soldato
What case you using for the Lava red? I ordered the official red silicone one, but also thinking of grabbing a hard case from Amazon..

Bought the Ringke Clear fusion case to show off that nice red back.

It kind of reminds me of the HTC U11 Solar Red minus the fantastic way the U11 shimmered and changed colours.

Soldato
^Always go for either Ringke or Spigen cases for my phones.

I have to say having had the OP5T for a few days I think the device is superb. I only gave the OP5 back because of the Jelly scrolling issue.

The OP5T ticks most of my boxes and the battery is much better than the Huawei Mate 10.

The camera got a lot of bad press but it is sufficient for my needs.

I'm really enjoying using it.

Soldato
^Always go for either Ringke or Spigen cases for my phones.

I have to say having had the OP5T for a few days I think the device is superb. I only gave the OP5 back because of the Jelly scrolling issue.

The OP5T ticks most of my boxes and the battery is much better than the Huawei Mate 10.

The camera got a lot of bad press but it is sufficient for my needs.

I'm really enjoying using it.

Glad you like it stoosh. I've had my OP5 since launch and it's been great overall. The battery life is outstanding.

Soldato
Glad you like it stoosh. I've had my OP5 since launch and it's been great overall. The battery life is outstanding.

Thanks kona! I'm pleased that you have been enjoying your OP5 too. What's not to like? OP have done really well.

Outstanding is the apt word to describe battery life.

Super device!

Soldato
like a few in this thread, as an owner of a black 5t myself I've just placed an order for the lava red variant. My mums Nexus 5X has given up the ghost and I struggled to find anything even close in its price range.

Shame the 10% student discount is only once per year.

Permabanned
Looks like if you want HD in Amazon and Netflix you need to send the phone back to OnePlus for them to apply the update. (Poland for us).

I'll probably just sell mine in the coming mouths, not pleased.

Back
Top Bottom