• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

THE MAGNIFICENT 7: BIG DISCOUNTS ON GRAPHICS CARDS!!

Man of Honour
I have problem with my order,been cancelled... barcley stopped the transaction,but its okay now (confirmated).Unfortunately
i cant order again,because the code has been "redeemed",and i have no option repeat the order. :(

I've ended up having to use Paypal or Amazon to check out at OcUK :( I think it is VISA that is the problem even when I get Barclays to pre-auth it still gets blocked if I use my card and I end up on the phone back and forth between OcUK and Barclays until it works manually. Don't have that problem elsewhere.

Associate
I have problem with my order,been cancelled... barcley stopped the transaction,but its okay now (confirmated).Unfortunately
i cant order again,because the code has been "redeemed",and i have no option repeat the order. :(

Had same issue, Gibbo sorted it for me turned the cancelled order back to active, had to then call CS to make payment over phone. You might be able to call CS and sort it over the phone, they wont open till 8.30 though.

Getting my card today! Cant wait.. havent told the wife the exact amount I spent on the card.. just that it was at a big discount!
Don't think she will be too happy considering it cost half of what the holiday we looking at will cost :O

Associate
Had same issue, Gibbo sorted it for me turned the cancelled order back to active, had to then call CS to make payment over phone. You might be able to call CS and sort it over the phone, they wont open till 8.30 though.

Getting my card today! Cant wait.. havent told the wife the exact amount I spent on the card.. just that it was at a big discount!
Don't think she will be too happy considering it cost half of what the holiday we looking at will cost :O
Ha ha I'm in the same position, as long as we don't tell our wives exactly how much the card costs we should be fine... right? :p

Soldato
Disagree, its been nearly 2 years since the last Nvidia card were released, makes sense to wait 2/3 months for the next gen.

With the discount on offer I would be surprised if the GPU is worth less than I'm paying now for a few weeks/months and yes I was waiting on the Volta to upgrade my 980Ti but saw this as a good opportunity to turn the clock back a few months.

I will likely buy a Volta but don't the Ti versions come out several months later? I'm only interested in those myself.

Soldato
The SRP of a GTX 1080 Ti is ~£600 with current exchange rates. £750 is great compared to the £950+ seen in most places but it's still way above where it would be in a well-supplied market.

Great gesture from OcUK but please be careful with those impulse/panic buys. :p

Associate
With the discount on offer I would be surprised if the GPU is worth less than I'm paying now for a few weeks/months and yes I was waiting on the Volta to upgrade my 980Ti but saw this as a good opportunity to turn the clock back a few months.

I will likely buy a Volta but don't the Ti versions come out several months later? I'm only interested in those myself.

I agree with this Just brought one of these 1080ti on offer and will get a Volta Ti when available,and I reckon that will be some time after the low fat versions are out.

OcUK Staff
OP
The SRP of a GTX 1080 Ti is ~£600 with current exchange rates. £750 is great compared to the £950+ seen in most places but it's still way above where it would be in a well-supplied market.

Great gesture from OcUK but please be careful with those impulse/panic buys. :p

NVIDIA web price is the SRP, which is not £600 and £600 is now above cost, so it won't probably ever happen again I am afraid.

Associate
Pulled the trigger on the Vega. I know it doesnt get much love but my fury tri-x died yesterday and have a freesync monitor. Will do the job. Good timing with the offer Gibbo. Appreciated.

Soldato
NVIDIA web price is the SRP, which is not £600 and £600 is now above cost, so it won't probably ever happen again I am afraid.
Out of stock though, so the price isn't a true reflection of anything really. Has it always been £679 from nVidia or has that changed? Considering we're always told electronics are bought and sold in dollars you'd expect it to change fairly often.

I agree it won't ever be that low again. Usually early adopters pay a premium but for this card it is pretty much the opposite.

Associate
What an amazing gesture, was thinking of buying a 1080 the last week or so but the pricing was insane, -£130 from what it cost everywhere else sealed the deal for me.

I have also been having some payment problems however, after getting back to the bank it went through. Currently stuck on "processing clearance", I dont remember it taking this long when I bought my last GPU but I am guessing it must be quite busy now.

OcUK Staff
OP
Out of stock though, so the price isn't a true reflection of anything really. Has it always been £679 from nVidia or has that changed? Considering we're always told electronics are bought and sold in dollars you'd expect it to change fairly often.

I agree it won't ever be that low again. Usually early adopters pay a premium but for this card it is pretty much the opposite.

Always being that price and I suspect now they are making little or a loss, so would not be surprised if they adjust pricing up as well.

Actually the recent graphics launches, the early adopters have pretty much won every time recently, prices seem to be either increasing in general or you simply get less for same money.

But on the flip side, I've just made a truly amazing SSD deal which will go live in coming hours/days. So its not all bad. :)

Associate
Just bought the STRIX....

Now need EVERYTHING else for a new PC build :rolleyes:

Share the SSD deal as I'll probably buy that too if it's m.2 as I'm coming in tomorrow to spend more ;)

Cheers Gibbo.

Back
Top Bottom