Honda Civic Type R (FK8) thread !!

Associate
Who owns one or is a about to own one and why do you own or want to own one .

Me myself been studying hard and comparing cars to one another and now have decided to purchase one either in PCP (has to be the right deal) or straight hard cash with low interest loan . Or I could wait and see if they do 0% offers on it but that could be 12 months away .

I like the car in The Rallye red .

It’s won and keeps on winning awards .

Would also like to know of folk who have swapped the FK2 for the FK8 and compare them both .

Soldato
I owned an FK8 between Sept and start of this month. Covered just under 5000 miles on it including a trip from the Midlands to Amsterdam.
I went with PCP with the intention to settle after a few months purely for the added finance protection in case there's anything wrong with the car - being under the impression that when it's on some sort of finance then there's more weight on a dealer to put things right quicker.

Getting rid now as I intend on putting the money towards property and I also may not need a car soon so thought it's best to get rid sooner than later.
Fortunately I've a friend who can offer full dealer facilities so I'll only be looking at around £3000 loss on the car itself tops.

Anything specific you want to know, feel free to ask :)

The only bad things I can say about it is the rattles/vibrations..
For a £32k car that is very refined and comfortable for a daily driver, it don't half get annoying when you've got half the dash and plastics near the seatbelt retractors buzzing between 2800-3100rpm.

The FK8 is miles ahead of the FK2 in my opinion. The driving position is much improved and the Comfort / Sport / R quite frankly "transforms" the car more than I've experienced on any other car with selectable modes.

Permabanned
Really want to like the last two Civic Type R's. I had an EP3 CTR in 2002 which I loved. I bet its a hoot to drive and handles well but for me the styling is just horrendous. :( The front of the latest one isnt too bad but that rear end, jesus. :eek:

Dup

Dup

Soldato
The EK9, EP3 and FN2, DC2, DC5 and FD2 were all a slight evolution over the normal models which is part of the appeal for me. No fake vents and over the top styling. Just small clues there's something more to them.

The new models styling is really disappointing and it would put me off what is probably a very capable car that is a nice place to be. I'm unlikely to have the problem of being able to afford one anyway so it's a moot point, but I certainly would look towards the 135/140i and others before the current gen Type-Rs.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Each to there own and it looks aggressive . I like it and many others like it and it’s won loads of car of the year awards .
If its so great, why make a thread and ask "others"? :confused: Just buy it

Joking right? As a long time Honda fan the last two generations look awful

Must be my age
Nah, I'm 20 (nearyl 21 :( ) and think the same.
I totally agree the FN2 was really ugly and then they made the FK2 ..
+1,

The EK9, EP3 and FN2, DC2, DC5 and FD2 were all a slight evolution over the normal models which is part of the appeal for me. No fake vents and over the top styling. Just small clues there's something more to them.

The new models styling is really disappointing and it would put me off what is probably a very capable car that is a nice place to be. I'm unlikely to have the problem of being able to afford one anyway so it's a moot point, but I certainly would look towards the 135/140i and others before the current gen Type-Rs.
I partially agree, the FN2 was a bit over the top with its spaceship design. The FD2 just reminds me of a taxi...

Soldato
I think they look great aside from that ridiculous looking spoiler... Rip that off and it's an ace looking car

Soldato

nah, FN2 was hideous.

Back
Top Bottom