Stuck pixel policy

Associate
I am planning on buying a 27" monitor but i am worried about the policy on replacment if the monitor had stuck pixels when delivered.

I remember OCUK having a specific policy for Acer Predator screens but what happen with other makes like LG, HP and Dell ?

I know there probably won't be an issue with these fine screens but i don't want to spend £700+ and be saddled with a below par monitor experience.

Associate
I bought a Samsung C27HG70 from OC this week and, of course, it has a stuck pixel and a strange smeared watermark effect visible during large solid colour images in games, particularly grey (seen pictures of other peoples' having this as well).

AFAIK you can request a refund for anything ordered online within 2 weeks of receiving it for any reason (guess what I'll be doing with my monitor). I ordered a second one today, hoping that I'll have better luck this time. After that, it would depend on the policy of the manufacturer.

Associate
OP
Oh yes they do :D

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...descreen-led-monitor-black-red-mo-088-as.html

"OcUK Exclusive Service: Warranty regarding dead pixels falls under ISO rules and as such dead pixels if very few are not an actual fault. But at OcUK we value our customers especially when spending such a large amount of money on what is a flagship gaming monitor. As such even if you only have 1 dead/stuck pixel and it has not gone after 3 days, we will class the monitor as faulty and exchange it for you at no cost to you. This service is exclusive at OcUK for Asus ROG Swift ONLY or other qualifying monitors! (Valid for 28 days from purchase)!"

Back
Top Bottom