Is 'deft' a reasonable response when hair is cut, I ask Youths.

Permabanned
I go with "yep" (slight head nod), "yep" (wait for barber to adjust angle of mirror), "that's great, thanks" (final head nod & attempt to make eye contact with barber via mirror).... I then thrust out my hand to accept the complimentary tissue (usually very abrasive) and give the back of my neck a token scrub. Next, I make a beeline for where I hung my coat to retrieve my wallet and may my arrears, sometimes I tip. I finish the affair by staggering out of the shop offering a curt "see you next time" even if I have absolutely zero intention of ever returning to the establishment again. I take a deep breath once I have left glad that the ordeal of hair cuttery is over for a couple of months at least.

This is my routine and it would be exactly the same even if said barber had carved a swastika in the back of my head.

Caporegime
I go with "yep" (slight head nod), "yep" (wait for barber to adjust angle of mirror), "that's great, thanks" (final head nod & attempt to make eye contact with barber via mirror).... I then thrust out my hand to accept the complimentary tissue (usually very abrasive) and give the back of my neck a token scrub. Next, I make a beeline for where I hung my coat to retrieve my wallet and may my arrears, sometimes I tip. I finish the affair by staggering out of the shop offering a curt "see you next time" even if I have absolutely zero intention of ever returning to the establishment again. I take a deep breath once I have left glad that the ordeal of hair cuttery is over for a couple of months at least.

This is my routine and it would be exactly the same even if said barber had carved a swastika in the back of my head.
lol sounds a lot like me.

usually round it up to the nearest note £10 in this case.
used to go every 4-5 weeks, didn't go for 3 months.

Guy said "see you in a few months"
not sure if he was being sarcastic or not, I just replied "hopefully not so long, enjoy your day"

Soldato
I'm on trend most of the time (it is all of the time, that was a joke).
If you were on trend, why do you even question this one?
Surely you'd know about this, already, or perhaps even set the trend yourself?

'Deft' seems like a stretch. I might be okay with 'tight' if it was the 90's again, even 'legit' at a push and I was a stupid person. I'm very onboard the 'rad' train because rad never dies. But 'deft'? I'm not feeling much room here. What do we think?
I think perhaps you need to watch a little less Judge Rinder, or at least cut back the fanboyism toward him.

Deft:
demonstrating skill or cleverness.

Youth was praising haridresser's skill.
How is that such a mystery to you?

Associate
1) Deep inhale through nose
2) Whisper "what the actual eff??" just loud enough for barber to hear
3) Loudly say "yep, that's super"
4) Stand up
5) Wipe annoying itchy hair from nose that's been there since the very first cut made by the barber
6) Pay (no tip, ever)
7) Leave

Soldato
deft
dɛft/
adjective
  1. neatly skilful and quick in one's movements.
    "a deft piece of footwork"
    • demonstrating skill and cleverness.
      "the script was both deft and literate"

Seems more appropriate to say that to the barber instead of yourself.

Caporegime
First time I've heard of deft. Better than using "lit". That word grinds my gears something rotten. What does it even mean? My cake has "lit" candles yes.
im proper lit bro.
from dem illegal substances init

deft is ridiculous though, your hair is neatly skillful and quick in ones movements? sure its not a wig bruv? did the wind blow it off your bald head

Back
Top Bottom