How to get the most out of my old pc

Soldato
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for some advice, how can i improve the prefomance on my old pc spec in footer the gpu is now a basic r235 and basic cpu cooling.

thanks to miners and other things the prices on RAM and GPU are sky high, best I could get was a 2 year old GPU at 2-3 times the original price and RAM for £140+ so I could not justify upgrading like i wanted.

So all i can do is hold out a little longer,
I was thinking improve the cooling, fresh windows and better GPU if I can get anything reasonable.

any other suggestions ?

Soldato
as you say getting second hand GPU would give you the most increase in performance - looking at members market on here for GTX 970?

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...e-gtx-970-oc-windforce-3x-4gb-gddr5.18811160/

another way of getting performance increase is switching to ryzen. hard to find comparison video with your exact GPU but plenty about with different models and should gain a bump of up to 15FPS with current card .

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £345.93 (includes shipping: £0.00)

though you can still pick up a brand new gtx 1060 6GB for slightly less

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-...ddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-32r-ms.html

Soldato
At this point is it not worth waiting for the 2nd gen ryzen which is meant to come out this year??
If you don't have big problems waiting for couple months can be good.
Maybe even memory prices might lower tiny bit with Chinese officials and Samsung doing that deal after Chinese started investigating possibility of price cartel.

Though AMD is going to use current AM4 slot to 2020 so you won't run out of update changes.
Already current first gen Zen is completely superior to that Bulldozer with 50+% higher IPC at lower power consumption.
And more updated Zen2 architecture with new manufacturing process is likely coming year from this Zen+.

Back
Top Bottom