Reporting online players

Associate
Hope this is ok to talk about here as it has scared me a lot but I would like to report an online player for asking my 10 year old some unusual questions on his console.

For example “where do you live” and “what school do you go to” etc.

My son also said he sounded like an adult not a child.

Luckily for us as parents my son blocked the player soon after the questions were asked as we have always been very open about what could potentially happen online to a certain degree as he is only 10. It’s wasnt someone who was on his friends list but one of his mates lists.

My sons add function is blocked unless I know it’s someone he knows.

Do I just simply do it via the console or can I ring and talk to someone about what has been said so he can be monitored in some way?

I do understand that this could be harmless but it is unusual nonetheless.

Thanks for any advice.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The friend of my son has also blocked him as he didn’t know who he was and he was asking him the same sort of questions.

I’m fully aware that the questions may seem harmless to a point but when it’s from a possible adult to a group of children there could be more to it...wouldn’t you agree?

There are so many horrible things online I’m just being protective as anyone should be.

Associate
It wasnt my intention to criticise, apologies if it came across that way.As what ive suggested seems to have already been investigated. Yes, blocking him is the correct step then report via the console. I guess its upto you how far you take it.

Associate
OP
No no I also didn’t want to seem like I was taking what you said wrongly. Maybe I could have worded it better.

I’m just worked up I think and maybe more so than I should be as no harm has come to my son.

Please don’t think I took what you said in a bad way it was a valid question.

I will report the person but i can’t make any comment as to why the report has been sent.

I’m more curious what might happen if I did take it further, and how to take it further. Are these things monitored in some way via psn and live?

Soldato
I see no reason as to why an adult would be asking those questions to a child so as a precaution i'd try to report it as high as I could possibly go. Maybe start with the customer care and see if you can get a chat with senior managers or an email address? No idea of the details that they log - also worth checking out https://www.ceop.police.uk/safety-centre/

Soldato
If it's Xbox you can block from the console and report, as long as the messages are still there or they know the gamertag, Are they playing Roblox when they got these messages ?

Associate
OP
I will ring Sony and try and get them to look into it. I would prefer to speak to someone even though I’ve reported it on the console.

The game wasn’t Roblox they were all playing Fortnight. I’ve heard the stories about Roblox so he doesn’t play it on anything.

It was a guy talking to them on mic not any messages for proof unfortunately.

Associate
Sony must retain voice data at some point. I've had abusive voice stuff from butthurt players, reported them and sony have always taken action

Possibly contact Epic also, make them aware of the account.

Back
Top Bottom