Spec me... egg frying rings

Soldato
So having dabbled with a make shift ring yesterday evening using a small spring form baking tin I quickly realised that it was a) pants for stopping seepage and b) your pan needs to be perfectly flat, which mine isn't and has a slight dome.

I've seen plenty of DIY options around using certain types of jar lid or bits of an onion :eek: and of course metal & silicone options are available to buy.

What have you tried and would recommend? Part of me thinks a silicone ring would sit flush on a domed pan though in theory both should if the pan is perfectly domed which of course it isn't :p

Thanks,

BennyC

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
I got myself a Tefal egg pan for this very purpose. It's great and much better than trying to avoid seepage!

Man of Honour
But what if you're cooking for multiple people? I sometimes cook around 6 eggs at a time

(although to be fair i have no intention of getting a round shape so i don't really care about this :p)

6 pans, amirite? :p

Actually useful tip, remove the 'loose' egg white with a sieve or slotted spoon and just fry the firmer bit + yolk. The eggs will be naturally round.

Soldato
I use crumpet rings for the odd occasion I want to make my own MockMuffin for breakfast. Yes you get a touch of seepage but just push the ring down for a second or two after the egg goes in the cooking egg will seal the gap quickly.

Soldato
They are cheap enough that I might grab them.

I think I might try some silicone ones first though, as I do eggs in a non stick pan, and I would prefer not to use metal on it, though I'm sure it will be fine as I'm only placing it in.

Soldato
Mainly I just want round eggs that fit nicely in a muffin. If they are identical to McDonald's effort or not doesn't really matter too much to me.

Anyway, I feel like I've kinda stollen OP's thread here lol.

Back
Top Bottom