Youtube to end monetization on channels with less than 1,000 subs

Soldato
**EDIT** Nevermind. Good luck all! There's not particularly a need for a countdown I guess though. If you make the grade a day late, you still get monetized I assume?

Has everyone close to the 1,000 checked their watch time? I was surprised myself, I was 15 times the amount of subs needed, but I think only 4 times the watch time needed, so I guess that's the harder part?

Soldato
I know it's not totally the same, but it's interesting I'm not allowed to post any of my video's as it's self promoting for financial gain, but it's okay for everyone to post their channels to get to the level so they can gain financially from them? I'm not moaning, I'm not saying people shouldn't. I've subbed a few posted here myself. I guess I just think some of the forum rules are a little odd...
That's a shame, your videos are always interesting to watch and it's not like you're running a business from it.

Soldato
Ha ha, yeah, didn't want it to sound like a moan but I think it did, so I took it back :)

I have almost 15k subs, so I'm fine thanks. I've also realised I looked at the wrong numbers for watch time, but it's still only 11x the need when the subs are 15x more than needed, so watch time could still be an issue for some, even when they get to 1k subs?

Soldato
That's a shame, your videos are always interesting to watch and it's not like you're running a business from it.

Thanks. I did explain I was mainly disappointed as I felt some of them helped the community. The actual £££ from people watching from this forum would be a tiny fraction of a percentage, so I didn't really want to demonetise them for it, if that makes sense.

Still, I respect forum rules and hope people will subscribe instead if they like my videos. :)

(Others should have course feel free to post my vids if they find them relavent ;) )

Man of Honour
OP
I've also realised I looked at the wrong numbers for watch time, but it's still only 11x the need when the subs are 15x more than needed, so watch time could still be an issue for some, even when they get to 1k subs?

yeah i know a few buddys that are going to struggle with that, my watch time in minutes over the last 365 days is 654,361, so / by 60 gives me 10.9k (~2.5x)

Back
Top Bottom