Kingdom Come: Deliverance / Open-World RPG / Medieval History

Soldato
OP
42000 concurrent players on steam, that implies the game could be at around 250 000 sold copies on PC...that would be amazing, hopefully they make enough money to stay in operation and patch it up...with sequels they could become the next CD Projekt. Imagine Hussite Wars, riding into battle alongside Jan Žižka:
http://www.badassoftheweek.com/zizka.html

"Jan Zizka was a badass 15th century Czech knight who led the first real Protestant uprising in Europe by building gigantic ******* war tanks and using these homemade custom iron-plated juggernauts to crush the balls of anyone who opposed him with extreme prejudice all the way up their asses. In his fifteen years relentlessly smiting bitches apart and flattening the skulls of his enemies by swinging an oversized steel mace that was presumably modeled after his oversized steel testicles, Zizka never suffered a defeat on the battlefield – an accomplishment made duly impressive when you consider the fact that he was commanding a semi-unruly horde of untrained peasants and religious fanatics against battle-hardened men-at-arms from some of the world's most dominant military powers.

Oh, and he did it all with one eye. Except for when that got too easy, and he did it while being completely ******* blind in both eyes."

That would be awesome.

Soldato
So much glitching!

Ride into a quarry, get transported to another town with a cutscene and lose my horse

Get into a fight with a cutscene so it's clearly preplanned, and no weapon is equipped so I get cut down!

Two major ones, the rest are just lots of character merges etc. and stuck AI.

Currently it's very linear - you have to do and go where it says otherwise it either kills you or fails your task. Hopefully it's just the start and the remainder of the game is the open world it claims.

Soldato
Deal breaker for me is the lack of people of colour, it's incredibly insensitive and completely historically inaccurate. Going to have to take a pass on this one...

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

white is a colour ;)

Will let you know later today mate

I'm using controller now, motion looks so much smoother compared to the mouse. It makes it feel really janky for some reason. Game is easier to play with controller as well, that's my early impression anyway.

Soldato
The voices at first seemed to be very distant and now they are not there at all. Ambient sound etc seems fine, just the voice atm??

So I have worked out this is only happening in my headphones so must be something to do with surround sound. No options to change it in-game, may be able to do it playing with the headphone settings themselves. Little annoying as the rest of it sounds great but hey ho :)

Soldato
So I have worked out this is only happening in my headphones so must be something to do with surround sound. No options to change it in-game, may be able to do it playing with the headphone settings themselves. Little annoying as the rest of it sounds great but hey ho :)

check settings in windows. Mine were recently set to surround and had a similar effect. changed back to normal and worked fine.

Soldato
I mainly waiting for Cohhcarnage verdict, his tastes are most in line with mine. ..I'm hoping that Cohh can alleviate my reservations, he is streaming it later so I should know by the end of the night whether I will buy or not :)

Subbed to him he seems pretty good. This kinda game is right up my street. Its v difficult not to buy this yet but plan on getting it within 2 weeks as if it is very buggy now (after day 1 patch) that will do my head in.

Soldato
if you had the choice would you play this on either

a)1080p projector with controller (might be able to dsr it up to 1440p with gtx1080)

or

b) 24" IPS monitor where it will obviously look sharper etc.

Also playing with controller (game controls seem a bit more opitmized for controller?)

Also my 5.1 sound system is setup so i play from couch for a lot of games (witcher3 1440p and dark souls 3 1440p)

Back
Top Bottom