Laptop LCD Screen 17.3" - This same model LP173WF4 - different price and build

Associate
Hello.

Before the moderator throws away the thread - I will say: that I did not know whether to give it here or to the monitors. I chose Laptops&Tablets as they are closer to the topic.

I have a laptop with 17.3" screen and a few days ago he decided to take on a shade of pink and that's how it stayed.

I disassembled the screen, I wrote down the screen number LP173WF4 (SP) (D1) and went to hunt in the network. And here the problem appeared - well - rather a riddle.
You can get two types of the same screen - the differences are two:
One is the position of the inverter / logic board. Screen A has it underneath, while screen B has it at the back.
The second is the price: Screen A costs ~ £ 50, Screen B is ~ £ 300 (differently, depending on the store but cheaper than £ 150 I did not find)
There is one more difference - expensive B screens with inverter in the back are always listed as EXACT D1 and not other screens, while low-cost A screens always as - LP173WF4 (SP) (D1) or replacements of known companies matching the model (so there are SP models - F1, F2, F3 etc.).

Panelook.com does not tell where the dog is buried. The parameters of the screens are the same (well, almost: D)

http://www.panelook.com/modelcompare.php?ids=24463,21056

Does any of the forum members know what these screens differ? (apart from these two "details")? Do I have to hunt this model for £300 or buy it for £50 and that's it?

Ah... yep - I have screen B - expensive, logic board at the back - if someone asking :)

Back
Top Bottom