H&M Racism storm

Soldato
That's not how Germany sees it though. They will be prosecuting Facebook, Twitter etc directly; albeit that's for hate speech.

The CEOs of these social media companies know full well that allowing these kinds of tweets to circulate has a propensity to lead to real life violence. They're quick to suspend accounts for other kinds of "wrong think", perhaps they should be quick to suspend accounts of those who would seek to make accusations without evidence too.

Yeah but if you ban twitter people will just move to other sites, and they'll be based in other countries, banning things doesn't work. And I wouldn't wish to emulate anything Germany does politically.

Soldato
H&M have had to close all stores in South Africa. /facepalm

http://ktla.com/2018/01/13/hm-close...ild-modeling-monkey-sweater-prompts-protests/

I can just imagine being on that photoshoot and wondering whether to say something. What if there’s some hyper-sensitive SJW who’ll start calling me racist for suggesting that a black kid in a monkey hoody could be an issue. “Why, are black people just monkeys to you?” Next thing I’m fired, my name’s all over the internet and I’m getting bricks through the windows.

I feel like we had got to the point where race was mostly a non-issue, but then a load of broken Leftist misfits stirred everything up.

Man of Honour
H&M have had to close all stores in South Africa. /facepalm

http://ktla.com/2018/01/13/hm-close...ild-modeling-monkey-sweater-prompts-protests/

I can just imagine being on that photoshoot and wondering whether to say something. What if there’s some hyper-sensitive SJW who’ll start calling me racist for suggesting that a black kid in a monkey hoody could be an issue. “Why, are black people just monkeys to you?” Next thing I’m fired, my name’s all over the internet and I’m getting bricks through the windows.

I feel like we had got to the point where race was mostly a non-issue, but then a load of broken Leftist misfits stirred everything up.

Really?

Caporegime
Racism is nowhere near the issue hysterical Leftists make it out to be.
Ahh brilliant skunkworks our very own racist apologist. Blame the left all you like but in this day and age, there is no place for racism whether you are a leftie or a right winger. But of course right wingers will come up with an excuse like but it’s my right to say what I want etc etc. Yeh sure it is but then expect a backlash from others who don’t share your opinion.

The fact you claim racism is nowhere near the issue that hysterical leftists make it out to be shows just how ignorant you are to the issue.

Soldato
So, the child didn't see any racism, the other children didn't see any, his parents didn't see any, nobody at the photoshoot saw any, the only people who saw any were armchair whiners on social media who were just waiting for something to get faux offended at on behalf of somebody else?

Sounds like usual /sigh.

Soldato

/snip

Ahh brilliant skunkworks our very own racist apologist. Blame the left all you like but in this day and age, there is no place for racism whether you are a leftie or a right winger.

Jesus lol /facepalm.

Soldato
She was getting a lot of online abuse and threats because hate-filled morons think she is some kind of race traitor for allowing the pics and not agreeing afterwards that "it was racist after all" :rolleyes:

Caporegime
Seriously hate living in this time, when everyone is so sensitive or maybe just looking for reasons to be offended and America has a complete ****womble for a president.

Bring back the noughties.

Associate
Seriously hate living in this time, when everyone is so sensitive or maybe just looking for reasons to be offended and America has a complete ****womble for a president.

Bring back the noughties.

Yep it's all an absolute joke and quite rightly stirring up far right views in almost every first world country........even Germany are braving a far right party.

The world is heading in a really crappy direction.

The millenials have the worst hope for the future of any generation before it, and no wonder.

Caporegime
Surely the only racists are people that think it is?

I guess it's an intellectual issue of whether or not history should be taught on this matter if it means things like this, if no one knew of the racism/colonial history of the past 500 years, then this entire issue would be null and void, because there's no one present to get offended. I think people should be glad that there's a history to learn in the first place.

/Just a thought, i both agree/disagree with the aesthetic "function" of the hoodie.

Back
Top Bottom